West Coast from Los Angeles to Vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: West Coast from Los Angeles to Vancouver

If you get to Santa Cruz (between Monterey and San Francisco), this is for kids of all ages: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk - Millions of Memories at California's Beachfront Amusement Park
    Ed

Comment

Frances,
      You can't tour British Columbia without exploring the Okanagan Valley: Okanagan Valley - Google Search. Wineries, aritisan food makers, various craftsmen and some of the nicest scenery in the country!
      Un amico degli amici.

Comment

Wow!!
        Am I to understand that you will be driving a motor home from San Francisco to Canada and back? And taking half-a-summer to do it? 'Cause if so, that would be one of the funnest vacations imaginable. I live here, and I SO wish I could drive a motor home from here to Canada and back - and take my sweet time doing it! I am envious.
        And everyone has given you such great advice. It's nice that you have lots of advance time to plan but be sure to leave some holes in your itinerary to simply "fart-around", as we say, when you find a place you especially enjoy.
        There will be lots of them.
        I sent you a message already, but didn't reallize the scope of your plan until I searched this thead. And again, WOW!!! How fun! Those are some lucky kids!

dusty

PS. I believe George is on that proposed route.

Comment

Hmm, where will you spend July 4th? May I recommend you try to get together with some friends for what ever constitutes a picnic in the area you will be. My family in Maryland often has a Crab Feast along with other great pot luck food. With a little effort I'm sure you could get an invitation to a comparable event! (or perhaps you already have!)

Comment

The 4th of July? Hmm, I'd forgotten about that... Cool!

No idea where we'll be then though. Half way between SF and Vancouver maybe? Still, we don't have to plan everything right now. As Dusty pointed out, it'll be nice to stay spontaneous.

Thanks again for all the suggestions and links. Just now I'm having a blast, just surfing around and checking them all out!
            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Frances... two pieces of practical advise regarding Los Angeles:

1. Learn a little bit of Mexican/Central-American Spanish before visiting
              and
              2. Try to avoid driving that motorhome in rush-hour traffic on the major freeways.

Tip 1 will yield you the best food from those communities have to offer (eat off of a Taco truck at least once!) and tip 2 will help you avoid crawling on the freeways in traffic at 5 miles-per-hour.

Wherever you go you'll have a good time I hope!

Comment

Frances,

Friends of mine retired last year, bought a trailer (after successfully testing living conditions for about two years) and have been travelling the US and Canada ever since. They researched RV camps at these sites:

Trailer Life Magazine: Follow the Road to Adventure
                and
                Meet RVers and Go RVing | RV Owners Online Community at Good Sam Club

with good satisfaction. Bookings are all possible on line.

BTW, most such places in North America offer free internet connection, so if you have a computer on board (laptop?) you can post your adventures here as you go

Alfredo
                Un amico degli amici.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianShaw View Post
                  eat off of a Taco truck at least once!
                  Taco Zone to be exact......parked on Alvarado, next to Vons market...
                  George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

If you're looking to spend anytime in Portland Oregon you're free to call on us.

Ken and Dixie Morgan

Comment

So guys... this is it! We're on our way!!

I plan to post regular updates of our trip here: USA Trip - a set on Flickr
                      Anyone who's interested is welcome to take a peek...
                      "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

Comment

Hooray!

I will be checking your updates!

Enjoy!
                        Jay

Comment

Hey Francis,

The pictures from San Francisco look like everyone managed the long flight in fine style, and you arrived to a grand weather day. I look forward to following your adventures with the trip, you all are sure to have a wonderful time!

JED

Comment

Frances,

Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us. We look forward to reading your guys thoughts and comments.

Welcome to the New World!

The Morgans

Comment

Hi Frances,

I see you're en route but perhaps you'll check in at an internet cafe along the way ...

Hope you all have a wonderful trip!

Sarah

Comment

Thank you all! We are having the most wonderful time imaginable!

The pics I'm taking are apparently too big to upoad here, but I just posted some showing the fantastic evening we spent eating Pizza at Dusty's house...

Comment

Working...
                                X