Interesting WFO in Prague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting WFO in Prague

My girlfriend and I discovered by accident this little pizzeria (can't remember the name--too much Becherovka?) in Prague. It wasn't very far from the city center. Obviously the throat of this oven doesn't conduct much heat. I find the flu/chimney configuration unusual. Most importantly, the pizza was fabulous, and it was nice to eat pizza made by people who aren't afraid of artichokes!

Re: Interesting WFO in Prague

I like the terra cotta roof tiles covering the dome: It's a nice look
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

It almost looks one dimensional, as if the oven is painted on the wall. Is it?
      Last edited by fxpose; 10-28-2009, 01:04 PM.
      George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Originally posted by fxpose View Post
        It almost looks one dimensional, as if the oven is painted on the wall. Is it?
        That's probably the effect of my cheap pocket digital camera and lens aberration. This is a small oven that protrudes into the room. The smoke stack makes a funny left bend. I guess the bottom of the oven doesn't have much insulation, because it appears that some charring of the wood pile occured, which blackened the bricks between the wood bin and the oven floor. Yikes!

Comment

Here's another view.

Comment

I like that a lot. It makes me wish I was having dinner there tonight.
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

i like the computer printer for orders on the right in the first pic.... Old oven run by new technology... very cool look on the oven though

Mark

Comment

Yeah, I didn't notice that ticket printer at the time we were there, only after when looking through the pics. I guess the outer dome wall doesn't get all that hot, that printer is not melted, and all the other schnick-schnack next to it aren't charred!

I was first in Prague about twenty-three years ago, and restaurant sanitation in general seemed pretty much non-existent. Now everyone has antibacterial handsoap next to the sink.

Even so, the pizza was so amazing, and not the tasteless soft warm mass of cheese and "pepperoni" I get here. This restaurant helped me focus on why I knocked a hole in my house!

Best
                Eric

Comment

I believe we knock holes in our houses and back yards to match the holes in our wallets and our heads.... "BUT WE ARE HAVING FUN"
                  Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 11-01-2009, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisOldGarageNJ View Post
                    I believe we knock holes in our houses and back yards to math the holes in our wallets and our heads.... "BUT WE ARE HAVING FUN"
                    Touche. It's a splendid madness.

Comment

Working...
                    X