• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannyfradock
    replied
    Re: Beers of the World

Alter ego

Although cider is my favourate tipple, the local brewery which is 12 miles away (Brains brewery Cardiff S.Wales) brew's many beers. One of the local's (and my) choice is Brains S A. Not that strong as beers go ans the S A stands for special ale but everybody sais it stands for "skull attack" as it does funny things to head. Here's the link

Brains | Take Home

Regards from S.Wales.......Terry (C.F)

Leave a comment:

• Alter ego
    replied

Sarah,

That is not a beer that I have seen in Aus but one exceptional Canadian beer that we do get here is Trois Pistoles which is brewed by Unibroue. This is a dark Belgian style beer that is 9% and comes in large bottles so I had better be carefull with this one.

I have a bottle at home that I will open one afternoon after the building and during the clear up. That way the bricks will be laid straight.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• sarah h
    replied

Beau's Lugtread - micro brewed beer that comes in 750 ml ceramic bottles!

Leave a comment:

• dusty
    replied

Originally posted by Wiley View Post
    And here's some welcome news for those of us who enjoy beer:
    Wiley
    Nice. It is so refreshing to hear a bit of GOOD news now and then.

dusty

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Can you get Swiss beer? Great idea by the way!

This is probably the most well-known (i.e. the one you'd most likely to actually get hold of):
    Produkte - Original | Feldschl?sschen

But this ones my favourite - from a small local brewery:
    http://www.unser-bier.ch/content/view/29/50/

Let me know if you do get hold of a Swiss beer... I'd be really pleased.

Leave a comment:

• Wiley
    replied

And here's some welcome news for those of us who enjoy beer:
    YouTube - Beer may cut prostate cancer risk

Cheers :-)
    Wiley

Leave a comment:

• Alter ego
    replied

Thanks for the recomendations.

For my plan to drink a beer from every country where someone has build a pizza oven I started on American beers. These are not too common in Aus apart from the mass produced beers the following beers. There were only beers from 3 breweries available and this was the selection I chose.

Flying dog IPA from Frederick, Maryland
    Sameul Adams Lager from Boston
    Rouge Ale from Newport, Oregon.

To celebrate the keystone placing yesterday I opened the lager and the IPA and the IPA was especially nice.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Wiley
    replied

Although we have a small local micro-brewery that creates a passable brew, I second Drake's recommendation of Black Butte Porter as one of my favorite beers; although Alaskan Amber runs a close second, at least for quanity consumed. Now if only Costco sold Black Butte Porter. But as for keeping all the empties...that's more space than I would care to commit.

To quote Ben Franklin: "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Bests,
    Wiley

Leave a comment:

• ThisOldGarageNJ
    replied

I dont drink much beer,,, but this one I always take out when I have a gathering... I Think you'll see why,,Not bad tasting and provides a lot of fun for all the guests...

Cheers
    Mark
    Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 08-16-2010, 05:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• papavino
    replied

I think one of my favorite Belgian beers is Urthel Hop-It, if you can find it. The one that I had was a 2003 and I drank it earlier this year. Fantastic stuff. I also had a bottle from Lithuania called Žaibo Extra Stout Beer. Not a stout. Just strong and good. Other than that, I'll second that Bell's Two-Hearted is great, as is their Oberon. I also like Three Floyd's Robert The Bruce from Indiana. Get your hands on some Lagunitas beer, if you can. Any of it is good.

Leave a comment:

• Himzo
    replied

Originally posted by Alter ego View Post
    When I started building by WFO several months ago I kept the empty beer bottles that were cosumed during the build so that I could get an accurate record of "How many beers does it take to make a WFO?"

So, How many?

As for beers, have you tried the Mallee Bull from Mildura brewing, and though I hate to say it, this brewery would have to be my favorite producer at the moment ( Bridge Road Brewers Beechworth - Brewery )...I know, I know he's a Victorian, still it's bloody good beer.

Himzo.

Leave a comment:

• shingletown paul
    replied

Hey Paul,

You might be cutting yourself short, why not do every county (more beers) I live in the hill of northern California and brew my own home brew. Our local brewery Sierra Nevada, Chico California, they have a good pale ale which is sold world wide

Leave a comment:

• DrakeRemoray
    replied

Mmmmm Deschutes Black Butte porter is one of my favorites!

Leave a comment:

• Jed
    replied

Here in Bend Oregon, a town of about 80,000, we have on the order of 7 micro breweries. All produce fine beers (maybe it's the water?)

The largest is Deschutes Brewery with a long list of fine beers, and as they are the largest with the largest distribution, and most likely to be available outside the immediate area...

JED

Leave a comment:

• Eric Pfeifer
    replied

I second the recommendation of Bell's from Kalamazoo! They have a great range of styles, and my favorite (from them) is Two-Hearted Ale. It has so many hops it's almost ridiculous, but it's not pasteurized, and likely not to be exported.

My build continues to rely on two beers: One of them is Guinness (I can't help myself). But as an Ami (as my German girlfriend calls me), I have to endorse the best hedonistic American beer of all: Rogue Brutal Bitter from Newport, Oregon. It practically lays bricks for you!

If you can't get it I'll try to send some your way.
    Cheers,
    Eric

Leave a comment:

Working...
X