Bonaire Dutch Antilles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonaire Dutch Antilles

OK , it's -20C this AM in the ''Valley'' and I am sure looking forward to my trip to Bonaire. Although mostly known for it's world class scuba/snorkling me and my buddy go for the like wise world famous windsurfing at Lac Bay .. this is our 3rd trip.If it's not windy we drive up the coast to one of the many snorkling spots and within 20ft of the shore you are in technicolour reefs!
    No WFO's on the island... a shame , but the Mahi Mahi will be running !

Re: Bonaire Dutch Antilles

Aaak, you complete and utter *.....*!
    The rest of the hemisphere is freezing its but off, and you're going snorkling?!! I can't bear to even think about it!
    "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

I will get even with you! When you are freezing your buns (instead of baking them) in February I will be in the Bahamas! (Not as warm as Bonaire but... warm enough!)
      Jay

Comment

Funny that's what my wife said to me too... We had 6 months of snowcover here last winter and I burn up a lot of points around here on my yearly junket.
        Would it make you feel any better Francis if I told you that last year I caught a case of dengue fever [albeit a mild case] , first I thought it was the rum , then maybe a bad goat stew.. but it was dengue , now endemic in most tropical areas.. .. and you watch out in the bahamas Tex.. they have it too , but then they have it in South texas as well .. wear your bug dope! and no poncy stuff get the Deet!.
        Francis if you are not nice to me I will file weather reports from Bonaire!

Comment

Hey , I have been away in southern ontario [a5hr drive@100KMPH+] where they just got their 1st snow . And I came home to see the news of weather in the rest of the world .. and I am sorry for you ... we got 3-4 M of snow each year for the last # of years , but we are ready for it. I feel for those in Europe and the southern States who are suffering . Other than flapping my beach towel and sending some warm air north all I can do is shut up about it so .... ................... any way I don't leave for 2 weeks and I am not looking forward to flying into Miami... getting up @4:30 to go through the ''new'' enhanced screening /no carryon world... jeesh!!!!!
          tim

Comment

Ah well, like you at least we're used to snow here and have the clearing tools and heating/insulation systems to deal with it. Pretty amazing weather all over at the moment...

Tell you what, to make up for your snorkling trip (and a piddling little bit of hassle at the airport doesn't even begin to do that) you need to at least post some nice pics when you get back. OK?

You don't have to get dengue fever again though. That would be going a bit far.
            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

I'm back from 3 weeks on the island , I ate fish till I grew gills, worked on my carving jibe and the only big decision every morning was '' do I need a clean tee shirt?''.
              From living in colour to going back into white on white ... and in the morning deciding what weight of long underwear to put on.......... sigh !!.

Comment

Working...
              X