Wheel chair bound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel chair bound

As I am in a wheelchair and can't build my own oven i managed to find some guys that could. I found them at belloforno.co.uk, and will post the project as it gets on the way! Anyone else used this business before?

Re: Wheel chair bound

Hello Bob and welcome to the forum

I come from the UK but haven't heard of the company that you are using for your build.

In the recent past there has been another wheel chair bound member who has been helped by the Forno Bravo forum with his/her build. Here is the link to that thread....http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ect-10702.html

I hope you can get some tips from this link

All the best with your build

Terry (C.F)
    Honi soit qui mal y pense

My 2nd Pompeii build.....

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...eii-build.html

Comment

Hi Bob,

another day another link to save regarding WFO's

If they are going to design and build it, perhaps you should buy a peel now and play with it and measure the exact hight that would be best for you so you can reach into the oven and also the depth that you can comfortably reach with it.

Looks like a professional site tho, will be very interesting to see how they plan to build it vs the FB plans, if you have not I recomend getting the plans from here (they are free) and having a good read so you know whats going on.

good to see more UK folk on here, and all the best with the deign and build

Comment

Good idea! I will order a long peel and shove a few pizza's around my kitchen to see how I get on . The bello forno guys are designing it, so the opening is 700mm off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by bob1972 View Post
          Good idea! I will order a long peel and shove a few pizza's around my kitchen to see how I get on . The bello forno guys are designing it, so the opening is 700mm off the ground.
          New peel arrived today, have made it 6 feet long, so it should work a treat!!

Comment

6 feet? thats a lance not a peel!

Comment

You might try setting up a table at that height and flopping things around on it with the peel - use a couple cans to represent the door. That'll give you a really good idea about the working height. It's a lot easier to raise or lower it before the build than after.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
              [/CENTER]

Comment

Also consider a shallow entry to the oven to reduce leverage required to work that peel.

George
                George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Good idea fella's. Keep them coming!
                  Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X