Northern Minnesota Pompeii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Minnesota Pompeii

This past summer and fall I built a 42 inch Pompeii here at my home in northern Minnesota near the north shore of Lake Superior.

I could not have built the Pompeii without the plans from Forno Bravo, which led me through the construction procedure and gave me the confidence to undertake the project.

I also could not have built the oven without the help of so many participants on this forum. You helped, without knowing it, by your many questions, suggestions, comments, and shared experiences posted on so many useful threads. Each time I bumped into a problem, or faced a moment of uncertainty, I searched the forum, and, without fail, I always found the information needed to go forward.

So, a big thanks to Forno Bravo and all the participants on this forum. The Pompeii is performing beautifully, and I am exploring its full range of potential from pizza to bread, to roasting and slow cooking.

Re: Northern Minnesota Pompeii

That is a good looking oven you have there....The snow looks idilic
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: Northern Minnesota Pompeii

I checked out your photos. Lovely spot for a WFO. The snow is beautiful. An average winter is 10 to 12 feet, so snow and cold are just part of life here. So far the Pompeii has been performing very well at cold temperatures, but next weekend we're predicted to be at -20? and colder. That's even cold for us. I'll be staying indoors and giving the Pompeii a rest.

Comment

Working...
      X