Nearly completed oven in Adelaide, Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly completed oven in Adelaide, Australia

I've nearly completed my Casa 2G90 oven and thought I might share a few just a few of 100's of pictures i've taken the whole way though the build. My father and I have been building it since October 2010 - mostly just one day on every second weekend or so, with the odd night after work thrown in too.

The original area. Our house wasn't even a year old and the fiancee wasn't exactly keen on me taking up the new pavers to build it but she let me anyway.

Stand built on top of poured foundations - we're having a BBQ off to the side, with a bench in between. Originally I had a minor 'splash back' but this idea got turfed.

Completely functional - but very ugly.

Essentially where we are at now - just need to finish the arch off, complete the tiling, cover the dome in render and put the pavers back.

We've got our engagement party in a few weeks at the house so hoping to have it completed by then.

Re: Nearly completed oven in Adelaide, Australia

Looks great! I liked the splash, too. Very nice.

Comment

Looking good Nathan. Can you post some picks of the inside of the oven. I'm looking to buy the 90 as well and am trying to get a sense for how big it is.
      My Oven Thread:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/c...ild-15677.html

Picasa Photo Library:
      https://picasaweb.google.com/1020617...72/WFOProject#

Comment

Thanks for the feed back Cdubs. I'll try to take a picture tonight when I get home from work if it's not too dark. The size is good though, and I would go the exact same again I think. At christmas I fitted a 6.1kg turducken in the back of the oven + three large oven trays full of vegies in the front, to give you a bit of an idea. We could fit 3 to maybe 4 pizzas in there (4 since mine are always on the slightly small side) but generally we're only cooking 1 at a time anyway. We cooked about 25 pizzas in the oven on the weekend for my engagement party - took about 2 hours, one at a time.

Here's an updated photo from just before guests started arriving on the weekend.

Base coat is down on the dome, just need a second coat to smooth it out & then seal it with roll on render.

Comment

Thanks Nathan. You said you could fit 3 or 4 pizzas at a time...is that with a fire going? Congrats on the engagement by the way!!
          My Oven Thread:

Picasa Photo Library:

Comment

3 or 4 small ones, yeah, probably around 8 inches - with a fire going, on the side. Thanks for your well wishes - sorry, I got home too late last night & will today too, but I should be able to grab a photo on friday with a spirit level inside the dome or something to give perspective.

Comment

It's a great looking oven & BBQ. Where did you move the water tank to?
              Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
              (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

Down towards the front of the house, we'd been having a lot of problems with the tank overflowing (due to poor overflow design) and flooding out the whole paving area (not to mention the worksite).. unfortunately next doors still floods out and pours under the fence onto our side but it's not as bad anymore and I plan on doing something about that too.. perhaps some irrigation channel stuff along the fence line.

Comment

At least when the water tank is overflowing you are not in drought
                  Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
                  (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

True, but also sometimes the tank might only be 3/4 full and due to the design of the intake water cannot flow in faster than it's coming through the pipes and it overflows anyway! That was fun when the pavers weren't put back

Photo I took this morning with a 91cm / 3 foot spirit level inside.. size is to be expected as it's a Casa2g90

Comment

Thanks Nathan...that is a perfect picture. Still a little cold in NJ so I won't be able to start on mine for a couple of months.
                      My Oven Thread:

Picasa Photo Library:

Comment

HI
                        I just wondering about how you did the flue thru the roof , I will be doing a similar thing but thru a metal roof also on an angle.
                        Grant
                        Sydney Aust

Comment

Hi Grant

The shop I ordered my Casa2g90 from also supplied the fluekit - it was about $550 which after looking at ebay may have been overpriced. Once we had the kit it was just a matter of cutting a hole through the laserlight sheeting (in your case metal roof) and putting it up. I used a fire rated rooftite/decktite (bunnings) to seal and waterproof it.

Look for a kit like this on ebay:

Wood Heater FLUE KIT 6" Stainless Steel. BRAND NEW | eBay

Comment

Hi Nathan
                            Thanks for the quick reply , and the good info and the link to ebay . I have included a pic of my build , as you can see the metal roof that is part of a
                            6.5 m gable.
                            Thanks again
                            Grant

Comment

wow that is way cool!!! this is a setup that I would someday like, for just a chill backyard bbq!

Comment

Working...
                              X