Post Photos by Category in Photo Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Photos by Category in Photo Gallery

We have added a new feature to the Forno Bravo Forum, where you can post your own photos where they are sorted and can be searched by category.

You can find the Photo Gallery here:

http://fornobravo.com/forum/photoplog/

I posted photos of a handful of finished ovens today. Take a look.
    James
    Last edited by james; 11-30-2006, 10:56 AM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Post Photos by Category in Photo Gallery

Help! I took a couple of pictures of the start of my oven stand and I tried to post them but the message said that the file was too big. How do I take pictures that fit (smaller kb's) or shrink the pictures on my computer to fit the posting? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Rick, the 'Oventhusiast'
    Last edited by oventhusiast; 09-22-2010, 06:07 PM.
    View my pictures at, Picasaweb.google.com/xharleyguy

Comment

Hi James,
      One has to register to see the photos in the PhotoPlog Section?
      I posted a link to the PhotoPlog Section in another From for Foodservice Professionals, thinking it was way for some people in my business to be turned on to brick ovens.
      Do you think Registering so you can view photos is necessary?

Comment

Oventhusiast,

I had exactly the same problem at first. Right now, I'm using Microsoft Digital Image Editor to reduce the size of photos so they will fit in the gallery. There are many other members here much more adept at this than I am, but I believe that James has set the limit at around 1250 pixels wide x 768 pixels high. Probably any digital photograph software will allow you to do this. I don't bother changing the size on my camera, just waiting till I put them on the computer, and then resizing.

Jim
        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Thanks Much, Jim!
          I'll give it a try!
          I hope to document this oven build as it happens to avoid mistakes in my project and also, help others with their ovens!
          Rick (oventhusiast)
          View my pictures at, Picasaweb.google.com/xharleyguy

Comment

Im on a Mac and was unsure how to get the files down to a reasonable size for import, but this worked- Go to iphoto library, select photo, scroll down file menu to export, change file name/size and export file to desktop. Then Select and upload. It worked for me even though I am a bit computer challenged.

Comment

On a Mac drag photo icon onto desktop click on photo, look under top menu , for Tools , then go to Adjust Size.. it's so easy even I , a hammer and chisel guy can manage
              tim

Comment

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. For some reason, when I go to the photo galley now, I don't see the actual photos but instead the info page on the photos. Is there a setting I am missing or something? I feel like I used to be able to see them.

Update- it is working again. Must have been a weird computer glitch.
                Last edited by cholme; 07-07-2011, 11:42 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by oventhusiast View Post
                  Help! I took a couple of pictures of the start of my oven stand and I tried to post them but the message said that the file was too big. How do I take pictures that fit (smaller kb's) or shrink the pictures on my computer to fit the posting? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
                  Thanks,
                  Rick, the 'Oventhusiast'
                  If you are using Microsoft Windows open your Image with Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Select "edit pictures" from the task bar then select compress pictures from the task pane on the right then select E-mail messages then save changes and exit. You will have your image resised
                  Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
                  I forgot who said that.

Comment

Hi James,
                    I kept a blog of the construction of my oven. Can I post a link to it here?
                    Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X