My Oven is Complete! Artigiano, Keller TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Oven is Complete! Artigiano, Keller TX

It's finally complete! I'll post more notes here and on my blog site.

Some final shots right after completion:

Picasa Web Albums - Mark - Pizza Oven Done

Before final touches (the top chimney cap), four angles from yesterday:

Picasa Web Albums - Mark - Oven Last Day

And.... my first firing! With three sheets of newsprint, it hit right at 200 degrees F.

Picasa Web Albums - Mark - First Oven Fi...

Thanks to the folks at Forno Bravo for all their help!!!
    Keller TX
    Artigiano 39"
    former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
    www.leanblog.org
    http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Re: My Oven is Complete! Artigiano, Keller TX

What a super job. Beautifully done. You've got more room out there than even Pizza Bianco. Time for the launch party. Congrats.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Here is a video of my 2nd firing.

Link

I think the air circulation in the oven is great. The chimney is definitely drawing air up through the vent well. With the newspaper burning, small pieces were breaking off and "swirling" through the oven. I assume this is a good sign, that you want circulating air flow??
      Keller TX
      Artigiano 39"
      www.leanblog.org

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations Mark,

You really deserve this. Have a nice glass of Chianti to celebrate. The oven looks great and seems to draw well. Keep going on the curing -- was the YouTube video the first or second fire? You can move up to a couple of pieces of kindling to bring the heat up on the next fire.

Also, make sure you are checking the oven temperature at multiple spots around the dome and floor -- not just above the fire (though I am sure you are already doing that). You want heat throughout the dome and floor, but not too hot in any one spot.

James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Thanks! It has been an ordeal. The 2nd contractors I had are some guys I can recommend very highly (American Commercial Services). They were experienced stone builders who took this on as their first oven. They were great to work with (unlike my documented issues with the first contractor).

That was my 2nd firing in the video. I guess I don't have to be as careful about not building too big of a fire?

I am going to use a log next, as you suggest in the helpful instructions on here. How long would you expect the fire to burn? I'm using some seasoned Oak firewood for now.

Also, thanks to all of the help from the Forno Bravo gang -- yourself, Tammy, and Peter. You guys are awesome!
          Keller TX
          Artigiano 39"
          www.leanblog.org

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mgraban View Post
            Thanks! It has been an ordeal. The 2nd contractors I had are some guys I can recommend very highly (American Commercial Services). They were experienced stone builders who took this on as their first oven. They were great to work with (unlike my documented issues with the first contractor).
            Mark I sent you a PM, please read.

Comment

Working...
            X