Video and YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video and YouTube

Now that Mark has posted what I think is the first Forno Bravo video on YouTube, and we have started producing and posting video's on FB.com, this sounds like a good time to ask everyone what they about video.

Are folks planning on posting more videos on YouTube? Should Forno Bravo set up a section over there so that our videos are all in the same category? Unlike photos, which we like hosting here, I think we would have to use YouTube for video. Does that seem like a good idea?

Do you think we should start posting the Forno Bravo produced video there as well? Would it show new people the cool things we have going?

Also, I am about to get my hands on a professional produced Italian pizza video that we have been allow to use. That's on its way next.

I think there is a lot of video in our future, and I wanted to open this up to see what you all think. Let us know.
    James
    Last edited by james; 01-14-2007, 09:00 AM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Video and YouTube

James,

As a professional writer, I should never say this, but the more video the better in my opinion. It's quite difficult, and lengthy, to describe techniques verbally. Despite the learning curve on the tech, using video is better and much more direct. Actually seeing somebody do it is the way to go.

I'm not as current with YouTube as some other members will be, so I'll reserve judgment on that one.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

I'll be posting more videos on YouTube. I think a category or section over there would be good. That was the first video I've ever posted on YouTube, I'm hardly the expert on that.
      Keller TX
      Artigiano 39"
      former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
      www.leanblog.org
      http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
        Now that Mark has posted what I think is the first Forno Bravo video on YouTube, and we have started producing and posting video's on FB.com, this sounds like a good time to ask everyone what they about video.

James
        Where are the videos on your site, James?
        Keller TX
        Artigiano 39"
        www.leanblog.org

sigpic

Comment

Mark,

I think you are really going to like this. We are producing a series of wood-fired hearth bread videos (with Jim at Mary G's Artisan Bakery in Ontario) that are very helpful. Everything from Boule shaping to French Baguettes from your Forno Bravo oven. There are (10) videos now, and we are always making more. You can find them here.

http://www.fornobravo.com/video/hearth_bread.html

There are also Hearth Bread instructions here:

http://www.fornobravo.com/brick_oven...ead/index.html

This will be fun.
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Jim
            I agree with CanuckJim. The ability to see a demonstration of the techniques involved is exceptionally helpful.

I suspect a venue such as YouTube will allow the information to reach a larger number of individuals who might be interested in learning more about baking in brick ovens. There is also something to be said for having the information located on the same site along with other brick oven related topics. Somewhat similar to a good comprehensive reference book.

Is it a hassel to have the videos available in more than one location?
            Fred Di Napoli

Comment

You can embed YouTube videos on your site, so you get the best of both worlds - having it on your site and on YouTube for broader promotion (plus YouTube picks up your bandwidth costs).
              Keller TX
              Artigiano 39"
              www.leanblog.org

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mgraban View Post
                You can embed YouTube videos on your site, so you get the best of both worlds - having it on your site and on YouTube for broader promotion (plus YouTube picks up your bandwidth costs).
                Not knowing anything of the ins and outs of YouTube, this sounds like the way to go.

J W

Comment

I'll go YouTubing and see how I can make this work. I definitely agree with the idea that Video is so important to showing the right techniques, and that we are just scratching the surface. One small potential problem with YouTube is that our brick oven videos might display Google ads from the dreaded competition. I will look into that.

Thanks for the tip that you can embed YouTube on your own site. Time to see why Google paid $1.6B for these guys.
                  James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Good point about the ads and competitors. Having good video that really draws people to the Forno Bravo name might be worth that tradeoff, your call.

Does Forno Bravo run google ads? It's a pretty cost effective approach that I've used before to promote a website. Email me if you want any perspectives on placing google ads as an advertiser.
                    Keller TX
                    Artigiano 39"
                    www.leanblog.org

sigpic

Comment

As a future Pompeii oven builder, I say bring on the videos!

Ali aka Henbogle

Comment

So. I guess you guys wany to see some of my footage huh? A teaser trailer is in the pipeline right now, and i'd love to post it on the Fornobravo site first. I'd show some work in progress sequences, but it's an early learned rule in filmmaking to not show anyone your unfinished work. All the disclaimers in the world can't change a first impression. Video is the future. I'm in.

Comment

Brick,

Looks like I'll be doing an interior corner installation in the near future. Would there be an interest, you think, in short progress clips on it? Might be fun and even helpful. Originally, I was thinking of a photo doc, but maybe not. So where's the unfinished footage?

Jim
                          "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Sounds great Jim. If you have a tripod, you can set your camera up and intermittently turn it on as you progress. When you edit it, you can speed up the footage and have a low budget time lapse. A locked off shot we call it. I have a time lapse feature on my camera I've been employing to great looking results. It shoots a second of footage every 15 seconds. Expect a trailer in about a month.

Comment

Mark,

We did Google ads a few years ago, but I decided to focus on getting good results in the actual Google search results -- which has worked out well. Hard work, but worth it. We are #1 for pizza ovens, #2 and #3 for brick ovens, #1 for pizza peels, etc. FB.com is the most popular site for pizza oven and pizza related topics by a wide margin -- and still growing fast.

The attached graphic shows our pages views per week over the past two years. Cool.

Next step, I will do my YouTube research and report back.

Nick -- we would be proud to host your trailer on FB.com. Great idea.
                              James
                              Pizza Ovens
                              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                              X