Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for photos of corner pizza ovens

Hi,

Has anyone got any photos of corner pizza oven installations? Ideally like the design on p17-18 of the pompeii oven plans pdf. Got the concrete base down at the weekend and now planning the the brickwork

Thanks,

George

Re: Request for photos of corner pizza ovens

Hi- Under my name you will see photos of a recent start of a corner build. I used 1/4 angle iron to support the lintle blocks, but if I were to do it again I might prefer to use another method where you simply put the angle iron across the opening as part of the rebar and hearth pour. I saw it somewhere on the forum, but of course do not remember where. This would eliminate the need for the lintle blocks altogether, but I"m sure there might be other opinions.
    As for the corner design it seems to a good choice to conserve space. Be sure to look up the guy that built the octigon base, very impressive! PS. I looked up his forum name; Gianni Focaccia.
    gmchm
    Last edited by gmchm; 07-13-2011, 09:29 PM. Reason: To add information, and typo

Comment

Thanks Gianna,

That's the design we're with at the moment. The bit I was wondering about is what are you planning to do for the housing on the top? On the plans in the pdf it is square so if you build to that you have funny shapes at the edge. Or do you plan to continue using the same shape as the bottom?

George

Comment

Sorry for confusion, Gianni is a another builder that I was referring you to. My forum name is gmchm. I don't know what his plans are. I plan to continue with an igloo shape. The plan I used was the 43.5 inch external dimension one on page 18.
        Last edited by gmchm; 07-15-2011, 11:22 PM. Reason: add a line

Comment

I am building one, the housing is a little more complicated especially the roof. Igloo might be better for a corner build.

Comment

@tifosi - thanks, great pics and love your kitchen surfaces on the side

Comment

George,

My plans are to enclose the oven with metal studs and concrete board, maintaining the octagon shape and extended entryway. I know it's lame, but no matter how many ovens and enclosure styles I look at I still haven't been able to commit to a single finishing material. All I know is it will be made of stone, brick or tile.
              John

Comment

@Gianni - I feel your pain. Decided on traditional London brickwork here but still no idea about the roof! Post pictures when you're done, I'll be keen to see

Comment

Working...
                X