replied
    Re: Aussie photo contest finalists!

Brickybrick Banned
    Last edited by brickybrick; 06-04-2012, 04:42 PM. Reason: Banned

Leave a comment:

• RTflorida
    replied

I have been on this forum a long time, seems not that long ago that James would always step in and make sure members received such prizes. One of the many reasons I have thought highly of this forum - thousands of members, dozens of posts daily, and the creator of this madness would still chime in on many of the threads, and more importantly take care of the members.
    This is pretty sad if you ask me. I don't blame Warren for getting bent out of shape, I would have too.
    James, if you are still listening, you have a lot of loyal members who are wondering just what the hell happened here. Not long ago you would have rectified this in a heartbeat.
    For gods sake, ship this guy the correct prize out of CA, it may cost a bit and Warren may have to wait a bit longer but the problem is solved and FB has everyone's respect again.

RT

Leave a comment:

• brickybrick
    replied
    Wrong goods sent

Brickybrick Banned
    Last edited by brickybrick; 06-04-2012, 04:41 PM. Reason: Banned

Leave a comment:

• LanceWakefield
    replied

Does anyone know why Warren was actually banned, something must have happened that we are not seeing here in these forums?

Leave a comment:

• OzOvenBuilder
    replied

Originally posted by Polo View Post
    I agree, pretty heavy handed.
    Absolutely agree, almost glad I didn't win!!

I'm wondering what exactly are the reasons behind Warren not receiving his 'prize'??

Leave a comment:

• Polo
    replied

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    Its a bit rough banning Warren for bringing this situation to our attention dont you think?
    I agree, pretty heavy handed.

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Its a bit rough banning Warren for bringing this situation to our attention dont you think?

Leave a comment:

• brickybrick
    replied

Brickybrick Banned
    Last edited by brickybrick; 06-04-2012, 04:40 PM. Reason: Banned

Leave a comment:

• Warren
    replied

Have waited for more than three months for my prize....
    Will you ever deliver ?
    Come on Forno Bravo you arn't playing by the rules !!!

Leave a comment:

• Warren
    replied

"Photo contest: With more than 40% of the votes, our Down Under Photo Contest winner is this beautiful oven from Wauchope:

The photographer won free oven tools from A Pizza Italia, the Forno Bravo distributor for Australia."END QUOTE

Hi, i am really thrilled to win this comp....
    Today (6-2-12) we were cooking pizza and my pizza peel is looking really sad. Cant wait until i recieve my prize...............
    (warren)

Leave a comment:

• OscarA
    replied

Absolutely stunning ovens the builders/owners should be proud. I was so envious seeing the Dora creek pic what an amazing view and location you have.

Originally posted by peterthewolf View Post
    Hi all-

Beautiful pictures!

Some of you may remember me from our disaster of a stonemason building directly on the ground
    I remember that thread you had a stunning looking oven but unfortunately couldn't get it hot enough to cook no matter how much wood you burnt. Keep us up to date with your new build I'm sure plenty here would like to know how it all turns out. As brickie pointed out use your original thread as many would still be subscribed to it.

Merry Christmas everyone hope you and you families have a happy and safe Christmas... Oscar

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Hi Peter.
    Best to tack this onto your original thread as Im sure those that are subscribed to it would love to hear your news.

Leave a comment:

• peterthewolf
    replied

Hi all-

Beautiful pictures!

Some of you may remember me from our disaster of a stonemason building directly on the ground (for perpetually soaked insulation/failed oven). We did do the demo to the ground, and followed your generous suggestions on a raised floor rebuild. We now have a 48 inch steel disk raised a couple of inches over the ground and welded in place *onto which* to insulate and build the replacement dome. I can hardly wait, now that some other projects are over (and the rain season is soon to come) to make the new dome! Best wishes all, and when it's done I'll send photos.

Leave a comment:

• LanceWakefield
    replied

Hi All, I am the Builder of the New Zealand oven :-)
    Really happy and pleased to be in the final five, this was a 5 year long project of gathering materials and building from scratch.
    I have a very understanding wife.
    At the side I added a charcoal grill which you can kind of make out in the picture. So far Pizza and bread have been made with great results. A roast leg of lamb and pork belly are my next things to try.
    The Chimney is copper and over 100 years old, sourced from an old villa.

Looking at all these entries has given me some great ideas for the future.

Cheers
    Lance

Leave a comment:

• Pizza N.Z.
    replied

Congrat's to all builders of WFO's! I certainly enjoyed building mine and love using it even more. I would not be half as happy with the outcome without the knowledge I have gleened from this site, thank you to James and all others involved, I have definately found the 'Fire Within'. ps. I had to vote for the only N.Z. oven to make the finals, its just a Downunder thing!! (ask them who won the cricket) Cheers from New Zealand

Leave a comment:

Working...
X