Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 36" build in London, UK

tease ;-)

looks great so far, can't wait to see it mid firing.

where abouts in London are you btw?

Comment

In picture 5 on post 11, I think it's a great that you've put a zip line right to the pizza oven!

Jeff
      Jeff
      My 42-inch build

Comment

@turkey - up in Clapham, you're more than welcome to come see it at some point if you're ever up that way

@PizzaIdiot - now that gives me a cunning idea...

Comment

Whoops didn't post last week - was my 30th birthday that weekend so was quite hungover!!

The first pic shows the casing going up around the finished dome, the second one is a top view with the dome wrapped in insulation, the third has the decorative arch finished (& you can can see the look we're aiming for) and the last is me working out the best positions for the chimney.

Next week the finished oven!

Comment

Hey guys,

After last weeks teaser, here's the last of the pics showing the finished oven. There's a few small bits to finish off this spring like paving stones, some herb pots on the roof and may even some floor lighting. But it's other otherwise finished and cooking great pizzas

George

Comment

Looks great! You've even have a nice supply of wood!

Any pictures of the top/roof? How did you seal it?

Jeff
              Jeff
              My 42-inch build

Comment

@PizzaIdiot - I don't have a photo from above but it's actually 3 large slate paving stones (a stylish dark bluestone) that we cut to size and joined with mortar between the stones. A few days later I then sealed the joins with an outside sealant just incase water sat on the roof and slowly seaped through the mortar over time

Comment

Beautiful job and you'll be very popular with the neighbours no doubt!

I would have thought you could find all sorts of interesting old brick flues and flue caps etc. in London from building demolitions? Or reproductions for that matter.

Same with a door if you wanted one? I see quite a few on eBay.fr from wood burning ovens with the appropriate curved top. Not cheap though!

Comment

Originally posted by Salvager View Post
                    Beautiful job and you'll be very popular with the neighbours no doubt!

I would have thought you could find all sorts of interesting old brick flues and flue caps etc. in London from building demolitions? Or reproductions for that matter.

Same with a door if you wanted one? I see quite a few on eBay.fr from wood burning ovens with the appropriate curved top. Not cheap though!
                    Thanks! I have indeed been very popular with the neighbours. I didn't think of a reclaimed flu (D'oh!) but have just had a door made at a local blacksmiths. Cost a tiny ?10 - very happy.

Have been doing lots of finishing work - BBQ on side, marble work surface, patio etc last few weeks - so will post some pictures when it's all complete.

Comment

Working...
                    X