Pizza Oven/Outdoor Kitchen Build Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Oven/Outdoor Kitchen Build Video

I finally compiled my building photos for our swishy oven and outdoor kitchen. Pizzas get better each time we make them - lately we've been baking soft pretzels! Cooked our Thanksgiving turkey in the oven last year and briskets left overnight to slow cook after making pizzas is a welcome morning breakfast treat!

Wood Fired Pizza Oven and Outdoor Kitchen - YouTube
    Last edited by Abear; 03-01-2012, 03:41 PM.

Re: Pizza Oven/Outdoor Kitchen Build Video

Awesome Video!....Thanks for sharing.....great music selection too!

Comment

Re: Pizza Oven/Outdoor Kitchen Build Video

Thanks, Buckeye! I learned a lot on this site before I got started and I hope this helps inspire others to take on the challenge! This oven was built with commercial grade firebrick (more dense). I couldn't find anyone at the time who built an oven with these bricks so I wasn't sure how much wood/time I'd need to fire it up. It takes about 1-1 1/2 hours to get the oven up to 850 degrees. After a pizza night, the oven is still about 200 degrees around midmorning. Overall, I wouldn't be concerned if you can get these bricks (or slabs like I found) instead of firebricks found at the local brickyard. You will burn through a lot of diamond tipped blades while cutting them, though!

Comment

Working...
      X