Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking out the Neighbors in Carlsbad Ca.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking out the Neighbors in Carlsbad Ca.

Almost finished, actually my neighbor peeked over the fence to tell me he loves the smell of the smoke.

Re: Smoking out the Neighbors in Carlsbad Ca.

Originally posted by Mike C View Post
    Almost finished, actually my neighbor peeked over the fence to tell me he loves the smell of the smoke.
    Had the similar experience. Livining in the outskirts of NYC. First fire I lit I started having panic attacks from smoking out the neighbors and fearing they will call the Fire Department. All turned out fine, and for the next 3 days had neighbors telling me they loved the smell. and they want an invite.

Comment

Pass out a pizza now and then to your neighbors and I promise you won't get any complaints.

Comment

Good neighbor. Now pat him on the head and give him some pizza.

Comment

Mike, great looking oven. Wish I could smell it over here in Valley Center.
          "You can tell a dutchman,
          but you can't tell him much"

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
            Pass out a pizza now and then to your neighbors and I promise you won't get any complaints.
            Oh Trust me! first gathering I have once the oven is complete will be the "Neighbor appreciation Gathering!" for Pizza and Wine... But lucky for me they are good Neighbors! they have put up with a LOT of noise coming from that Brick cutter! and now smoke! Like I said here in the City where the lots are only 40' wide.. your neighbors are a little tooo close!

Comment

Nice oven I know what you mEan about small backyards I am originally from Astoria,NY but now in Nj and just started my build not to long ago
              Last edited by dsm; 05-31-2012, 08:43 AM.
              "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Picasa photo library:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1043493...lleryMay192012

Comment

I agree a little pizza and treats make good neighbors, keep practicing with the fire, before long you will be able to get a minimal amount of smoke. I am still in the hit and miss stage as far as smoke goes. You could also surprise your neighbors with their favorite item, turkey, ribs, steaks and such. I am pondering a bring your own entree item night to share and have them cook it in a 3/4 fired oven. In your third photo is that a steel plate or plywood for your IT on the floor of your oven under the fire?

Derk

Comment

Originally posted by dsm View Post
                  Nice oven I know what you mEan about small backyards I am originally from Astoria,NY but now in Nj and just started my build not to long ago
                  Grew up on 34th and Astoria Blvd. ..small world.

Comment

Originally posted by Derkp View Post
                    I agree a little pizza and treats make good neighbors, keep practicing with the fire, before long you will be able to get a minimal amount of smoke. I am still in the hit and miss stage as far as smoke goes. You could also surprise your neighbors with their favorite item, turkey, ribs, steaks and such. I am pondering a bring your own entree item night to share and have them cook it in a 3/4 fired oven. In your third photo is that a steel plate or plywood for your IT on the floor of your oven under the fire?

Derk
                    It was the plywood template. Pics are out of order. That was one of the earlier fires.
                    My political approach is to ask them for an ethnic recipe that we can try. So far i was offered a Russian lamb dumping and an Italian stew... We'll see...when the oven is done.

I apologize for hijacking this thread. I will start a new thread once i get home.

Steve

Comment

Slaris What size oven did ou build?
                      "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Picasa photo library:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1043493...lleryMay192012

Comment

Working...
                      X