Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ready for the concrete!

Hi All

Has been a while since i last posted an update. getting to understand how to get the best out of my oven. its keeping pretty good temps. i have also found the oven takes less time to get to the right temp - assume it comes from the oven being less damp with more use?

we have also just finished the paving around the pool so its pretty much complete except for a few finishing touches. have attached some photos.

till next time!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz Aus View Post
      here is a pic looking at the oven from the (still in construction!) pool end.
      That is a really nice looking build !! Congrats !!

Comment

Yes, a nice looking situation you have there. I like the simplicity.
        Lee B.
        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Gudday
          Firebricks are expensive shits to be sure, they are your best option. I have them in my oven. But am at the moment helping a mate build a WFO and due to price we are using pressed clay pavers as they are a lot more avaliable than commons. We have looked at secound hand bricks but the quality is not good enough. Brick pavers are more commonly avaliable than commons. Housebricks.... the bricks with the holes in them are useless don't even think about using them.
          Easy way to make a form for your arch is to cut the shape out of 12mm ply chip board even. Screw a pr of 25 mm battens to it then screw a secound form to those battens. Cut the forms in 1/2 leaving the battens intact and holding the forms together. Lay your brick over the form let cure then you can unscrew the parts and remove the form without disturbing the arch.

Regards
          Dave
          Measure twice
          Cut once
          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
          My Door
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Looking good cant wait to see the pics