X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulf
    replied
    Re: New Build Oven At Granite Falls

Try some of the commercial glass places. Most also do colored glass for churches etc. The one I went to had just about every color imaginable. I got a couple of broken drops for next to nothing. Aside from the color availability, the uniform thickness of the glass is a definite plus. Perfect for embedding in mosaics .

Leave a comment:

• man7sell
    replied

The next stage now that the oven is proven, and many awesome pizzas have passed from it's mouth to ours, is decoration. I want to do a seascape Mediterranean scene. Although tile is probably the norm, I'm thinking colored glass. Now it would take a bunch but recycling colored glass form wine bottles might be a good option. At least for the green underwater vegetation. Brown beer bottles for the sea floor. The problem comes with the amount of blues needed.

Leave a comment:

• man7sell
    replied

Bikes and Pizza, nice mix

Leave a comment:

• man7sell
    replied

Pizzas getting even better than the first. Now they are down to $750 a pizza. (Amortization based on WFO cost )

Nutritional Values:

Leave a comment:

• dvm
    replied

Very Clever

Leave a comment:

• man7sell
    replied

Originally posted by dvm View Post
    Looks Delicious! I have had pretty good luck cooking right on the hearth stones - gives the crust some char. I does requires some practice prepping the pizza base to slide off the peel (w/o the toppings sliding off the base).
    I only used the screen to deliver the pizza to the oven, flawless for the peel imparted. After a minute I life the edge with the peel and the pizza is already firm enough the slide onto the peel. Whip out the screen and then put the pizza (after a turn) right on the stones. Wonderful. Going to try a couple more tonight and try them on my neighbors.

Leave a comment:

• dvm
    replied

Looks Delicious! I have had pretty good luck cooking right on the hearth stones - gives the crust some char. I does requires some practice prepping the pizza base to slide off the peel (w/o the toppings sliding off the base).

Leave a comment:

• man7sell
    replied

Made some pizza dough Thursday evening. Friday went out to the property and got the oven warmed up. Worked the dough into a perfect disk (NOT )
    Simple topping of tomatoes and mushrooms precooked in a cast iron skillet in the oven. Simple tomato sauce, fresh basil, and of course mozzarella.

WooooHoooo FIRST PIZZA

This is bar far the best pizza I can remember (remember being the operative word)

Yummmmmm

Leave a comment:

• man7sell
    replied

The oven gets a final coat of mortar to make it smooth for the Mosaic. My neighbor did the final coat, he is very good.

Leave a comment:

• dvm
    replied

Looking good!

Leave a comment:

• man7sell
    replied

Originally posted by dvm View Post
    So it sounds like you are going Igloo. No experience here but you will need insulation, a support layer, then "waterproof" stucco as an outer shell (mosaic tiles on top look cool). The insulation layer can be ceramic fiber blanket - OR I suspect there have been igloo insulated with a v-crete concoction - But such a layer would not be waterproof and would need to be covered.
    That's the plan, Fiber blanket covered with wire mesh for the out stucco to attach too. The stucco is blended with verisite and plastered on. This will be done in several layers to give it strength, Not sure how thick I should make this as the first layer feels like a candy shell of a M&M that lost it's peanut

Working on the design for mosaic with my wife, collecting and tiles we can to recycle for this task.

Leave a comment:

• dvm
    replied

So it sounds like you are going Igloo. No experience here but you will need insulation, a support layer, then "waterproof" stucco as an outer shell (mosaic tiles on top look cool). The insulation layer can be ceramic fiber blanket - OR I suspect there have been igloo insulated with a v-crete concoction - But such a layer would not be waterproof and would need to be covered.

Leave a comment:

• man7sell
    replied

Off to the property today, see if I can get the insulation on the dome dome and the outer crust applied ready for mosaic. The outer layer, add vermiculite to the mix?

Leave a comment:

• dvm
    replied

Congratulations! you are nearly Pizza Ready!

Leave a comment:

• man7sell
    replied

OK Ugly mug shot with my new pizza peel called of course Emma

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by man7sell; 09-07-2012, 07:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X