Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil Drum Wood Fired Oven + BBQ - On Wheels!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Drum Wood Fired Oven + BBQ - On Wheels!!

Ok, so I'd planned on starting this thread a week or so when I started my build but i had problems registering so this is going to be a bit of a cath-up!

Essentially I love BBQ and home pizza making, but I've reached the limits of my little weber BBQ and my conventional oven with pizza stone so I decided to make a custom half wood fired/brick lined oven, half BBQ based around an oil drum.

It's actually almost finished so I'll post a few photos of the development and a link to my album so you can see what's been hapenning. Questions/comments welcome. I wanted to post all of my picture thumbnails in one go but apparently I'm only allowed 4 pictures per post?

Build Gallery

JK.

Re: Oil Drum Wood Fired Oven + BBQ - On Wheels!!

Strong response I see! lol.

Well it's done and now I'm just waiting for a sunny day to give it a try, could be waiting a while!

JK
    Last edited by Greensheep2012; 07-17-2012, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Me too, It's been fine for the last few days but now it's ready to use the skies open! lol.

Comment

Thinking outside the box is good. Interested to see how she heats ups and keeps temperature.
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Thanks, me too! I'm actually quite aprehentious about it, I've got ?400 invested in this! If I can get a 2 minute margarita out of it then i'll be extatic! JK.

Comment

Thanks! I'll keep the forum updated on how it goes. JK.

Comment

Great idea. Looks good!
              http://cookinginmyyard.com

Comment

Can someone give me some hints here? I've fired the oven tonight and cooked pizza and wanted to post the photos that I'd taken of the whole process but the forum will only let me attach 5 pictures in a single post and I seem to remember that it also wont let me post more than 5 thumbnails/hotlinks to my image hoster in a single post? Please let me know if i'm missing something here but I can't believe that a forum sub-section relating to photo posting would have these limitations, everyone reading this post has a broadband connection, 20 thumbnails in a single post isn't gonna grind the internet to a halt.

JK

Comment

Originally posted by Greensheep2012 View Post
                  Can someone give me some hints here? I've fired the oven tonight and cooked pizza and wanted to post the photos that I'd taken of the whole process but the forum will only let me attach 5 pictures in a single post and I seem to remember that it also wont let me post more than 5 thumbnails/hotlinks to my image hoster in a single post? Please let me know if i'm missing something here but I can't believe that a forum sub-section relating to photo posting would have these limitations, everyone reading this post has a broadband connection, 20 thumbnails in a single post isn't gonna grind the internet to a halt.

JK
                  You will have to do it in multiple posts. Every pic, every , every , counts to ward the dreaded five .
                  You can however, link to a slide show on a photo site like Picasso or Photobucket etc. if you really want to keep the presentation intact.
                  Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation, I think I'll just post this one:

and then leave this thread. If any forum administrators read this then please realise that a 5 picture limit is ridiculous in the photo sub-secton of a forum in 2012.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation, I think I'll just post this one:

and then leave this thread. If any forum administrators read this then please realise that a 5 picture limit is ridiculous in the photo sub-secton of a forum in 2012.
                      Forno Bravo sells Pizza Ovens, kits, and accessories. They do not make anything off of us who build our own ovens from scratch and buy materials locally. I still do not understand how they maintain such a populated site that, in which, the majority of it's members do not really contribute very much to their bottom line. I would have loved to see your presentation. I and many others are always open for shared experineces with the WFO. But, if you can't do a simple "work around" to the system as it is, I guess that we will just have to miss out .
                      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

WOW, I guess I will stop reading books without pictures. Learning and sharing information is why more of us are here. The photos are the cream on the top!

Comment

Looks like a lot of engineering went into that build. Looks cool!

Comment

but the forum will only let me attach 5 pictures in a single post and I seem to remember that it also wont let me post more than 5 thumbnails/hotlinks to my image hoster in a single post?
                            Its because, God bless em, the Mods of this fine forum cant work out which button to press to make it all work like it should.
                            The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                            X