My 36" build in Southern Cape, SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My 36" build in Southern Cape, SA

Unfortunately not. That area will now be black because of the smoke exiting the chimney.
    sigpic

Check out the link to my build and pictures here

Comment

Hi guys

It has been some time since I last visited the forum. Herewith some feedback after using this oven for the last year.

If I had to start this build again I would change only two things that I would like to share with all the prospective builders out there.

Most importantly I would raise the level of the oven floor by about 40cm (16"). I am 6ft4" tall and the higher floor level would make for easier loading of pizzas etc. I have seen other ovens with a raised floor and really think this would be a great improvement.

Secondly, I would not go to all the trouble of installing an oven light. Although my light works beautifully when clean, the smoke and soot dirties the bulb almost immediately. I have to say that one burning log on the coals provide more that enough light. I actually removed the light that I installed for this very reason.

Other than that I would not change a thing - these ovens are really amazing and we use it extensively for baking pizzas, bread, slow roasts etc.

Regards

Abrie
      sigpic

Check out the link to my build and pictures here

Comment

Hi,

Thinking of building a similar looking oven, based in Cape Town. Where did you source your materials from? Struggling to find suppliers this side of the world.

Comment

Working...
        X