even more photo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• even more photo's

I took alot of photo's along the way and hope to build another one someday.

Re: even more photo's

Looks great!

Comment

Good work. Where are you in N Mich? I am from Cadillac but live in Kalamazoo and am working on sealing my structure over a 42" Pompeii. I still have a lot to learn on temp as well. Burnt my first attempt at bread last night.

Best of luck,
      Tim

Comment

I am north west of Traverse city in Leelanau county. I am done cooking using the oven for the year. I think I used it about a dozen time before the weather turned. I had a number of pizza parties. I only cooked bread once and I also did a chicken which turned out very nice.

I found that I like a 3 minute pizza the best. I am still learning how to keep the temp up by stirring the coals. In the past I always made a slightly thicker crust. 13 oz dough for a 12" pie. For the brick oven I now make a 10-11 oz dough and stretch it to 14"+

It seems that my base cools off fast then I like when I am cooking 5 to 6 pizzas. I think I am going to try adding a layer of lose bricks in the oven next summer. Only 8 bricks though, just enough to cook one pizza and see if that makes a difference. Going with the barrel style mine is more of a baking oven. I love the heat retension that my oven has. I look forward to slow roasting something over night next summer.

good luck

Comment

a few more photo's

Comment

and still a few more

Comment

Originally posted by kingcha View Post
              I am done cooking using the oven for the year.
              Why are you done for the year? cooking in the winter is great.

Chip
              Chip

Comment

Well Chip my sister has told me we will snow shoe back to the Oven this winter a do a bonfire and fire up the oven.

My oven is not at my home, it is on the back 25 where we hope to build our next home in a few years if we ever sell the present home. I don't keep the driveway plowed during the winter. I almost wish I had built it at our present house as it was a joy to build and might have help in selling our house.

matt

Comment

I see, mine is 19 ft from my kitchen, snowshoes only required when we get a big dump

Chip
                  Chip

Comment

I dont envy you guys, we get a heavy frost (by our standards) and I chicken out......
                    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                    X