pics of my pizza oven mold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of my pizza oven mold

hi all, I have been working on an outdoor kitchen and sharing photos on another forum I belong to. I lurk on here regularly and decided its probably time to join and share some / get some information. In my previous career I was a tool/model maker for the aircraft industry which gave me the background for this project. I am attaching a few photos of my kitchen and pizza oven mold, which I obtained all my info and dimensions from this site. I have obtained all the castable and insulating refractory from a local source here in Ohio. feedback appreciated. hope to start casting this weekend, will be in four pieces like the ones for sale here.

Re: pics of my pizza oven mold

How did you build the mold? I would love to do the same thing.

Comment

when you finish the oven with the mold inside how will you remove it??
      Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

in the modular oven forum there are pics off how I did it. it is in 4 sections each one gets removed then set on the base

Comment

I made section templates with wire between them then used plaster to fill in

Comment

you taking orders?

But seriously - is the mold reusable, or a one time use affair?
            My build progress
            My WFO Journal on Facebook
            My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Here is a link to the other thread...pretty cool

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ven-18331.html
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f7/o...ild-18410.html
              My Oven Thread:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

The problem of having four sections as you have them, is that the top of each quarter gets hot really quickly while the bottom of each section is still relatively cool. This leads to uneven expansion and fracturing. It shouldn't matter too much though as the structure won't fall to bits. Did you add stainless steel needles to the castable mix?
                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I should of went into more detail, if you look at the pictures it is actually five pieces, four quarters and a round plug on top so there are no points to crack. have had many fires at this time and there are no fractures anywhere to be found, yet?? no needles.I worked with a furnace designer to come up with the proper commercial grade refractory and casting process for this. this is not a home brew

Comment

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
                    you taking orders?

But seriously - is the mold reusable, or a one time use affair?

I did not build the mold with the intention of re using it so it was broken in the process. seeing the way it worked I kind off wish I would of made it reusable. but then again how many ovens are you going to build??? this mold weighed in the range of 300 lbs and was 5 feet in diameter with the entry.
                    really did not want to give up the space to store it. I could build another one in a week for acouple hundred bucks if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by DrakeRemoray View Post

thank you havent figured out how to do that yet

Comment

beautifully done. your oven already looks 3 million times better than mine. i have two ovens - one looks like either a diaper or a heap of mashed potatoes. the other looks like a large pile of elephant dung. seriously. I can't be bothered - i just like to cook too much. BUT having said all that - I did have someone else build an outdoor kitchen and deck around the oven. consider putting some sort of solid surface under yourself. you'll be unhappy standing in the mud. and you probably already learned that you want to use your oven rain, snow or sun (day or night, etc.)

Comment

the dirt is being removed and pavers are going in to match the patio which is just on the other side of the sidewalk

Comment

Hi there. There is some irony here I am sure... An oven that looks like a pile of elephant dung? We have just made an oven using elephant dung!

Came across this thread by chance, I am glad that I did!

Happy cooking

Mark

Comment

Working...
                            X