Bottom Pizza Oven + top Brazilian BBQ pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom Pizza Oven + top Brazilian BBQ pit

I've finally finished some of the landscaping around my pizza oven and bbq pic. The best of both worlds

Re: Bottom Pizza Oven + top Brazilian BBQ pit

Do you have to get on your knees to make pizza?
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Please tell us about your build,design, insulation.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
        Do you have to get on your knees to make pizza?
        More like kneeling down. It doesn't bother me at all and my friends have tried it. Seems okay so far, but ask me again in a few decades

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
          Please tell us about your build,design, insulation.
          It's a 36" oven. The main reason I built the way I did was due to the narrow space in my yard. The foundation is actually not poured concrete, but sitting on solid 3'x3'x4" thick concrete blocks (the city wouldn't allow it me to pour it, but I had a few engineer friends help me out).

The oven is encased in a brick "box." I covered it with about 2" ceramic fiber blanket and filled the "box" with perlite and leftover clay bricks.

The chimney goes under the BBQ grill all the way to the back and goes to another chimney behind the BBQ pit wall, where it has an opening at the top directly to the pit's chimney. I'm surprise how well the shared chimneys worked.

I found some cultured stones on craigslist and put those on after the brick laying work was done. All this work took me approximately on/off 3 months, mostly done on weekends and sunny weather. Hope this helps clarify some of my build steps.
          Last edited by brennerwilliam; 09-05-2012, 09:35 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
          X