Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build

Finally got some nice weather in Richmond and now the heat is on to get this build done this month....mason poured the 4" reinforced slab today and then will pour a 7-8" vermicrete layer this coming wknd - no ISO board. Picked up a huge amount of locally mined (central VA) vermiculite....I ve got 60 cu ft....a tote measuring 4'x4'x4'....

Comment

Wow, your kitchen area is looking fantastic. That is going to be a great place to hang out.

I am leaning toward going with the blankets at this point as I am so tired of mixing concrete and mortar. I will check into some internet blankets for pricing. Your Vermiculite sure is a lot cheaper tho.

keep the pics coming. cheers.

Comment

That vaneer looks great. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Are you planning on filling that form with vermiculite concrete? If so, you may want to move it in to closer to the dimensions of the oven itself, not the stand.

Comment

Tscar:

I m on it....I pulled the forms today and reset them on top in anticipation of a vermicrete pour tomorrow. My mason bailed on me today so I m going to do the 7" vermicrete pour tomorrow.

I moved the vermicrete in so that my metal studs will sit on the concrete foundation and the upper walls can be flush with the base with veneer stone up to the roofline.

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
            Are you planning on filling that form with vermiculite concrete? If so, you may want to move it in to closer to the dimensions of the oven itself, not the stand.

Comment

8" vermicrete pour today...5:1. used almost 3 90lbs bags of portland.....

Comment

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my oven. I went with a Sunday Volta 100 (40" diameter cooking surface). The price delivered was quite a bit better than the Casa100. The US dealer for Sunday ovens was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions over a 2-3 month period with patience and understanding. The oven should arrive later this week (it is only being shipped from NJ to VA)...More info to come.....

Comment

Originally posted by sclancy View Post
                  The oven should arrive later this week (it is only being shipped from NJ to VA)...More info to come.....
                  That is gonna be one long week for ya!

Post some pics when ya get it!

Comment

Can you give me the name of the dealer in nj please. I can't find it on their home website.

Comment

I dont think that I am supposed to be promoting a product or business.

Comment

pulled the forms 48 hrs later.....

Comment

It has arrived! Here is hoping that it is undamaged and ready to be assembled this wknd....

Comment

Can't wait for the update. I'm planning mine now. Thinking I will get the same size oven. Curious how the assembly will go

Comment

I started to unwrap the Volta 100 components to make sure there was no breakage. All looks good. The casting of the pieces is good not great - definitely some small voids/air pockets. Total dome thickness is 2.25".

Will be assembling tomorrow and will comment on the overall fit and ease of assembly....and of course more pics....

Comment

Nice! looks great so far

Comment

Working...
                                X