First course is served...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First course is served...

I posted this a few days ago (I thought) when I'd finished putting down the first course of my unorthodox hexagonal stand in 31 C heat. I made sure I moistened the slab and the blocks so the mortar would be sucked dry - talking of which: I guzzled half a bottle of Tassie dry white to restore my liquids balance...

You will see that the blocks leave escape routes in all directions for the red-bellied black snakes that abound here... even though Hendo has just told me that there are NO recorded deaths in Australia from black snakes! They are timid, but I think it's best not to make them feel trapped!

I've since added a couple of layers to the stand but will wait until it is complete before posting any more snaps...

BTW, I still find Picasa from Google utterly simple to use, first to download pictures from the camera, then to click on one and select "export" - I've put in a standard size of 600 pixels for such photos to be uploaded - and flick it to the Desktop for uploading to the forum... couldn't be easier!

Cheers,

Carioca
    "I started out with nothing, and I've still got most of it"

Re: First course is served...

Getting ready to build soon and would like to see more of your project.

Regards,

Reststop44

Comment

Re: First course is served...

Hello there!

I keep track of the project with my web album at Picasa Web Albums - carioca - Forno_del_gallo

Good luck and lots of fun with your own oven!

Carioca
      "I started out with nothing, and I've still got most of it"

Comment

Working...
      X