Premio Oven Final Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premio Oven Final Pictures

I wanted to show everyone my completed Premio build. Construction was poured concrete base, concrete block and rebar, and Colorado flagstone brick strip stone. We used all the FB insulating material but added a fair amount of insulated concrete above and beyond. Works very well. Typically it around 500F the following day. Stays above 200F for two days with no issues. We laid a flagstone patio around the oven. The sink is solid stone (marble) and we have both hot and cold water out to the pizza island. The stainless cabinets were from Costco (Bull brand). There was an existing patio with a water feature which we tied into. We will add landscaping in the Spring. We'll also add some accent lighting.

We will likely add a wood door to the back wood storage area. I'm looking for some appropriate weathered barn wood in keeping with the whole 'Tuscan' theme of the patio area.

We've had a party already and made 24 medium pizzas in about 90 minutes. It was quite a production and everything turned out great. We've cooked ribs and roasts in the after heat. Again, works great.

Re: Premio Oven Final Pictures

Well done. I have used a lot of that Colorado Red flagstone here in Texas. Very nice.
    Cheers.
    Tracy
    Texman Kitchen
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Hello Fred,

Wow thank you for your pictures. You have built yourself a very beautiful oven and kitchen area. Once you get cooking some more, send us more pictures of your food!

Happy Cooking,
      Amber@FornoBravo

Comment

OK ... here you go ... the fire and the pizza. As stated earlier, I learned that one or two ingredients trumps a ton (as pictured) and I need to pre-cook the red peppers and onions.

Comment

That is one beautiful oven. Great job.
          Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

That is very nice thanks for sharing!

Comment

Excellent job and planning!
              Lee B.
              DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by fred.collins View Post
                I need to pre-cook the red peppers and onions.
                Nahhhh. Just cut them VERY thin. I use a mandolin slicer.

Nice looking oven!!
                Ken H. - Kentucky
                42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
                Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Beautiful oven. Looks ergonomic...very functional and good looking too. The roof looks heavy! I am curious about the oven door design.

Comment

On the oven door ... that's FB OEM Premio 1G design. It came that way. It's an insulated concrete door with some terracotta like paint. Nicely insulated. I think FB had issues with cracking. They went with a newer design.

Comment

On the roof ... yes, very heavy 2" thick Colorado flagstone. the whole oven structure is concrete block and flagstone. under the roof is insulated concrete and rebar and steel angle iron. The flagstone was mounted to concrete board held in place with rebar. It's not going anywhere. I was originally going with metal studs and a simple tile roof. I was also going to use really think veneer stone. Things worked out differently, but I'm happy with the design.

Comment

Beautiful oven and outdoor kitchen. What did you use for your roofing material? I am thinking to do something similar with my own. I have a temporary shelter over the top of my oven for now (I'll begin the finish construction of the oven and kitchen counters/bar/bbq next year) I'm planning to place concrete countertops but I haven't settled on my roofing material yet. Now that I am looking at your pics closer did you make your own concrete countertops and roofing to match or is that some special stone?

OOPs just saw your final post. Nice work!
                        Last edited by ATK406; 11-26-2012, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fred.collins View Post
                          OK ... here you go ... the fire and the pizza. As stated earlier, I learned that one or two ingredients trumps a ton (as pictured) and I need to pre-cook the red peppers and onions.
                          Love your build Fred, that stone is lovely! I can't even imagine lifting that rock to the roof...I'm in awe!

As for your onion and red pepper: no need to precook, but do coat them in olive oil and slice them thin as someone else here suggests. I've read that the flavor of onions and garlic grows bitter/stronger/more intense if allowed to oxidize. Coating them in oil keeps out the air for better flavor, but also helps them fry as they cook in that intense heat instead of drying out like leather.

Again, great job on your oven, it's a beauty!
                          My oven album is here

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X