Finished 36'' oven with fireplace in northeast CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished 36'' oven with fireplace in northeast CT

Hi everyone, I just joined FB and wanted to share my build. Wish i had joined before i started the project to get some tips and ideas. And should of taken more pics of construction of the oven but will on the next one.
    The construction took place durning the winter months, so i tarped and heated the work area. It wasn't fun on the cold windy days but at least i had work.
    Last edited by Stonewall; 03-01-2014, 09:07 PM.

Re: Finished 36'' oven with fireplace in northeast CT

Hi Stonewall,

That one towering oven, really like the walk in wood storage, I didn't see any hearth insulation, do you have any above the oven?

Comment

Thanks laurentius, Yes i did put a 4'' layer of vermiculite/portland mix under the oven. Is that enough under the oven? Also have lots of insulation above oven. fb blanket, loose vermiculite, then roxul on top of that to completely fill area on top.

Comment

Wow that is some nice work there. Good job.
        Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

That is quite the masonry structure! What did you do for the footing?
          Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
          John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
            That is quite the masonry structure! What did you do for the footing?
            I usually do the footings but on this one the homeowner did it before i started. He dug it out and poured it thick. but its not down below frost level. It extends past on all sides.
            Homeowner was going to build oven himself but he figured he wouldn't have the time to put into it, he is a great general contractor and carpenter. As you can see from his work on the roof part.

Comment

Pizza Oven- Outdoor fireplace- Oven dome-beehive oven
              Last edited by Stonewall; 03-01-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Stonewall, that wooden deck frighten me! Do you have kids, do you have a screen for that fireplace and a door for your oven? Have your insurance agent, seen it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
                  Stonewall, that wooden deck frighten me! Do you have kids, do you have a screen for that fireplace and a door for your oven? Have your insurance agent, seen it yet?
                  I built the oven for a customer, he is going to make the door for the oven. not sure on the screen but i see your point. will have to put screen on when not watching the fire or something covering the wood deck.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                    I built the oven for a customer, he is going to make the door for the oven. not sure on the screen but i see your point. will have to put screen on when not watching the fire or something covering the wood deck.
                    Hi Stonewall,

Since you build that for some one else, it might be a good idea to give him a written warning and advise him on getting a screen and door and cautionary notes, to CYA. By all means, keep a copy for yourself.

Comment

[QUOTE=Laurentius;147030]Hi Stonewall,

Since you build that for some one else, it might be a good idea to give him a written warning and advise him on getting a screen and door and cautionary notes, to CYA. By all means, keep a copy for yourself.[/QUOTE

Thanks, he is in the process of making the door now. He will come up with something to protect the wood deck, or use a screen.

Comment

Working...
                      X