Start to my oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start to my oven

New to the site, figured i post some pics of my progress. I started the base on a table, but will soon be transfering to the trailer to finish the dome.

Re: Start to my oven

Originally posted by rdotdestoney View Post
    New to the site, figured i post some pics of my progress. I started the base on a table, but will soon be transfering to the trailer to finish the dome.
    You are doing great...Really good....
    All the best for further process...

Comment

rdot,

Where you located in SLC, I may have some leftover oven materials, IE bricks, CF board if you are needing some odds and ends. Send me a PM
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

You might want to consider running a steel band around those timber boards or all that loose insulation under the floor might rattle loose over road bumps, if the corners of the timber give way.
        What size is your oven? Have you calculated the total weight and how it will match the trailer springs?
        Make sure you keep the centre of gravity forward of the axle.
        Keep the oven a little lower, for stability, than you would prefer. ie. floor level a bit lower than elbow height.
        Last edited by david s; 05-30-2013, 01:56 PM.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks for all the insight!

I'm actually going to sell that trailer and try to find a solid truck bed trailer as I purchased a bigger car with more towing capacity. I have cemented around all the brick above the insulation to ensure no loose insulation falls out. I will keep updated as I build!

Comment

Working...
          X