fireplace / oven combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fireplace / oven combo

Pic of my fireplace / oven combo decorated for Christmas. I cooked a 24 pound prime rib in it on Christmas Day. Came out unbelievable.

Re: fireplace / oven combo

Here is a pic from the summer. This oven has provided year round enjoyment.

Comment

And in the Fall....

Comment

Fired up and makin pizza. If this doesn't make you want to build an oven i dont know what will. These builds are a lot of work for sure. But I enjoyed the build almost as much as using the oven. My friends and family thought I was nuts for working so hard at it....but if you have not done it ....you just won't understand. This project really gets in your blood...not sure how to describe it. Any other builders feel it?

Comment

Because my firebox is where my wood storage usually is....my wood storage is walk-in style in the back...I can fit almost two face cords in there.

Comment

Fired up and makin pizza. If this doesn't make you want to build an oven i dont know what will. These builds are a lot of work for sure. But I enjoyed the build almost as much as using the oven. My friends and family thought I was nuts for working so hard at it....but if you have not done it ....you just won't understand. This project really gets in your blood...not sure how to describe it. Any other builders feel it?
            Absolutely. Couldn't agree with you more. We've been using our oven about 2-3 times per month since it was "finished" in Sept. 2012...it's always a treat. Wish I had done a few things different in the design phase. I really like your fireplace oven combo - quite ingenious - wish I had conceived of something like that myself. To be honest, I' m not sure I would have had the confidence to tackle something so "off plantation" on my first build. Guess there's always next time.

Congrats on a great design and execution.

Regards,
            AT

Comment

Thanks AT. That is the great thing about this project.....the possibilities are endless. And this forum is so full of information and support.....what a great group of guys and gals. I had never laid even one brick before I did this project!

Comment

Working...
              X