X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studlyone
    replied
    Re: 42" brick oven and BBQ in Bulgaria

Managed to get another two layers of bricks onto the dome, tomorrows task will be to work out the dreaded inner arch dome interface.

I am watering the bricks and mortar three times a day to keep everything from drying out too quickly. The daytime temperature is starting to climb over here already so I need to keep an eye on the state of the dome.

The build so far has been very enjoyable and a learning process.

Leave a comment:

• Studlyone
    started a topic 41" brick oven and BBQ in Bulgaria

41" brick oven and BBQ in Bulgaria

I'd like to say hi and a huge thank you to all of the contributors to this forum. I have been a long time lurker on the forum and have been planning my build for the last year now.

My name is Ian and I am a British ex-pat living in Bulgaria and am in the process of renovating some outbuilding on my property and I am building a brick oven and BBQ into an entertainment area.

I am a bit late in starting this thread as I already have the hearth and the first three courses of bricks in place.

My plan is to have a BBQ and brick oven sharing a common central chimney and to be able to easily cook on both at the same time. The brick oven is a bit of a tricky build as it is already under cover which helps with the rain over here at the moment but will mean that the upper courses of bricks will be - fun.

I am attaching a few pics showing the original building and where I am today. I'm hoping to have the dome finished by the end of next week but with so much work still to do elsewhere no doubt that might slip.

My biggest problem so far has been the obvious language one. I am taking Bulgarian lessons but that doesn't cover technical Bulgarian and so obtaining the right materials especially the correct mortar has been a challenge but so far everything seems to be going to plan.

I will post regular updates and hopefully someone might find it of interest as I have found the rest of the threads here a great help.
    Last edited by Studlyone; 05-20-2014, 12:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
Working...
X