Chimney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimney

Ive just knocked down my pizza oven and im going to build a Pompeii style oven in its place , but I would like to keep the stack sat in the middle of the dome ....this presents me with a problem ....heatloss!
    has anyone come across this problem .... and found a solution ?
    my solution would probably be to build a 36" firebrick dome and using precast pumice or similar flue liners form an "elephants Trunk" from the front entrance back up the inner dome to the center where I can spring the stack up off.
    Then put the outer skin of brick to cover

Have I just answered my own thread ?

Re: Chimney

G'day
    Known as a squirrel tail, good you thought of insulating the chimney as well otherwise they can be prone to heat loss as well.
    Why are you pulling down your old oven?
    It's quite a good looking structure, like the chimney that's a piece of work why pull it down?
    Regards dave
    Measure twice
    Cut once
    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
    My Door
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Pulled it down now......a tree hit the stack during some high winds knocking the pot and a course of brick off and fractured the base so it was rocking (just the stack) so it was unsafe, any cheers for the thumbs up on the old 1

Comment

Pulled it down now......a tree hit the stack during some high winds knocking the pot and a course of brick off and fractured the base so it was rocking (just the stack) so it was unsafe, any cheers for the thumbs up on the old 1

Comment

Originally posted by brillwills View Post
          Ive just knocked down my pizza oven and im going to build a Pompeii style oven in its place , but I would like to keep the stack sat in the middle of the dome ....this presents me with a problem ....heatloss!
          has anyone come across this problem .... and found a solution ?
          my solution would probably be to build a 36" firebrick dome and using precast pumice or similar flue liners form an "elephants Trunk" from the front entrance back up the inner dome to the center where I can spring the stack up off.
          Then put the outer skin of brick to cover

Have I just answered my own thread ?
          You shouldn't lose any heat if you insulate the dome and place the throat outside the oven opening.
          Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
          John Ruskin

Comment

Love the chimney
            Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

Working...
            X