100 cm oven building in Romania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 cm oven building in Romania

So I decided to build my own WFO. As I mentioned I'm from Romania, there are not plenty of those around but I was in Italy a few times and I loved the taste of fresh "Pizza al forno legna".
    Since the plans that I found on the net were for much bigger ovens than I needed, I decided to make my own plans according to my own needs and space available. I'll make the oven chamber 100 cm in diameter and I left 20 cm for the wall thickness.
    Do you think that's enough? Any thoughts on the plans and the measurements? I can make some plans with imperial units too if needed.

Florin

Re: 100 cm oven building in Romania

Florin,

Are you going to insulate with a blanket or vermiculite? Also, covered with an enclosure or stucco?
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I'm thinking a blanket and stucco. I'm open to any suggestions and advice, I don't know how it would be best.

Comment

I aleady dug the hole for the foundation and made the rebar frame but I don't know why I can't upload the photo on the forum. ("upload failed" message)

Comment

Two things, I would not want that point in my chest when working the oven.

It may be that your image is to large to upload. You may need to use a lower resolution setting on your camera before taking them or use a program to lower the resolution. I find 1024x768 more than detailed enough for the purpose of this forum.
          Chip

Comment

Originally posted by byzonoo View Post
            I'll make the oven chamber 100 cm in diameter and I left 20 cm for the wall thickness.
            Do you think that's enough?

Florin
            It depends on the thickness of the bricks you intend to use for the dome, number of layers of the insulation blanket (much is always better), and on the stucco layer and any finishing layers you intend to clad your dome with.
            Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
            I forgot who said that.

Comment

That's a picture with the foundation frame. I used 10mm rebar for contour and wire mesh for inside. I placed the iron reinforcements 5 cm inside the margins and under the future surface of the foundation. I intend to cast it in 2 weeks when I'm back from holiday (Italy again ) where I'll do some more research.

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
                Two things, I would not want that point in my chest when working the oven.
                I think the point is the slab - not the countertop
                My build progress
                My WFO Journal on Facebook
                My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

that was the first thing that popped into my head.....the corner or "point" in front of the oven. Definitely don't want that.

Comment

Working...
                  X