Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "Redgum Roarer" - brick dome oven

James
    thanks for the tip. Next time I'll make sure I have the camera out and get some stuff for the cooking section.

On Saturday night I was surprised how much people want to help. I was up to speed with it all but people just jumped in, wanting to have a go. It was great as I had it all done in half the time.

I'll report back here once I get some insulation material happening on the dome, yeah I'm quietly hoping heat up time will halve.
    Cheers
    Damon

Build #1

Build #2 (Current)

Comment

Well done Damon. Since I installed my oven (Xmas) I have only been game to cook for 6 at a time. I shall have to become a bit more adventurous. I find when cooking pizzas you can't afford to get distracted for a second or your serving up charcoal.
      Cheers
      Bill
      Tutto Fumo e niente arrosto!

Comment

If you want to look at building an alternative type of oven you might want to look at my blog which contains step-by-step instructions.

The Clay Oven

All the best

Simon

Comment

From an old post but... Insulation between slab and oven floor defintely a very good idea!! I wish I had but it's no great drama. The heat that gets through to the underside on mine through 110 mm pavers on edge and ~150mm slab is not too hot to touch and takes a few hours to get there.

Comment

Working...
          X