Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new oven design...worth a look?

Hey guys!
    Found photos of this oven build at a workshop from the MHA. Interesting idea?! Make sure you look at the photos of the restaurant build in Toronto. Looks like a lot of interesting cooking appliances fired with wood!
    Best
    Dutch
    P.S. Here's a link to the website for the photos

MHA News - 2007 Meeting at Wildacres
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Re: new oven design...worth a look?

Interesting design. A barrell without the vault and turned sideways. Theoretically, this should still set up a nice rolling convection.
    "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

-- Yogi Berra

Forno Tito

Comment

Joe
      Did you look at the tour photos of the other WF appliances in that Toronto restaurant? Some of this was pretty cool looking stuff...
      Dutch
      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Whoa - I missed that link the first time through. Amazing stuff indeed.
        "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

-- Yogi Berra

Forno Tito

Comment

These guys are amazing and some of their skills need to be tapped by our builders. If you have not looked through their site you should. Especially go through the past meetings. each year they build a different pizza oven - to be torn down at the end of the meeting. One item that was mentioned on another thread is the transition from the oven to the flue stack - chamfered bricks for a smooth transition rather than a sharp 90 degree cut that can result in turbulent flow.

Comment

I have been looking at what these guys have been doing for a couple of years. They are truly a great resource and have some really astounding ideas for these types of appliances. The masonry heater stuff is really cool and quite ancient techonology.
            Best
            Dutch

Comment

Working...
            X