Laying the floor in SSM, ON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laying the floor in SSM, ON

Today I went out to camp and started laying the floor with 2" of Mineral Board and the Herringbone pattern. I am going to try and rent a wet saw tomorrow because the $20 diamond blade I bought didn't go far on the round parts for the floor.

More updates coming
    Last edited by SuperT; 08-17-2007, 08:33 PM.

Re: Laying the floor in SSM, ON

You didn't her it from me but I heard of one Italian that used a 4 inch grinder with a diamond blade and Jerry rigged a small pump to the blade. Voila a poor mans wet saw. The grinder was not certified for water use so he put some shrink wrap around part of it to lesson the chance of electrocution, He doesn't think it helped much. He then wore the typical face shield mask and used rubber gloves. The wife was out of town, he is still alive and you didn't hear it from me.

rent a saw, it may be healthier

Comment

Re: Laying the floor in SSM, ON

I went to Home Depot (OK it doesn't suck for some things) and rented and MK? Wet saw...OK I could go into business with that thing...totally awesome but ran me $148 for a day and a half. I am going to rent it for one more day and finish up. Got the floor and 5 courses done on Sat and Sunday morning.

I think I am on the right track and will post a few pics soon.

Tony

Comment

Working...
      X