Progress Report From Sault Ste. Marie, ON Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress Report From Sault Ste. Marie, ON Canada

So I just got back into town from Camp where the bricklaying began finally this weekend. I have to say I stressed about this all weekend but when I finally figured out you need to use a tonne of Mortar for these size joints, things started to come together. We got the insulated floor, the cooking floor and 5 course done from Saturday to Sunday morning. I had my mother going around with the masonry bag filling in cracks where we missed spots. Like I said before, my parents have talked with us about this oven for at least 10 years and it is now coming true, but hence the stress, because I don't want to let them down.

I broke down and rented an MK 12 or 10 inch wet saw from Home Depot and it was absolutely amazing. Anyways, I hope I am on the right track even though the outside looks so messy. I feel like you guys are my mentors on here so I will keep you all updated.

Oh and by the way, I had to go bigger which from the size of things is a bit experimental, but the dimensions I'm working on for the Tuscan Style (even though my parents were born about 45 minutes from Naples) are 47.5 inch internal diameter/ 23.5 inch internal height, opening width of 18 inches and opening hight of 16 inches. I tried to stick with whole numbers but this just didn't work out.

I'll post pics in a bit...
    Tony
    Last edited by SuperT; 08-19-2007, 05:34 PM.

Re: Progress Report From Sault Ste. Marie, ON Canada

Here are the pics I promised.

Tony

Comment

Looks great! Love the stand!
      Oven Progress
      Bread Photos
      Oven Stand Thread

Comment

great stand, spectaular backdrop, the dome is coming along nicely, good work!

Comment

Coming along nicely. That is the beauty of the Forno Bravo plans. You have the basic concept and then you make it your own by changing it here and there. Looks good. I better get out in the back yard and start doing a few more courses done as your work ethic is putting me to shame!

BTW, nice thing to do with and for your parents.

Cheers, Versachi
          "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Excellent work! Are you planning on using a form for the upper courses?
            "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

-- Yogi Berra

Forno Tito

Comment

Working...
            X