SNOW!!!...in Mississippi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNOW!!!...in Mississippi

We got between 4 and 6 inches of snow here from yesterday afternoon and this morning...CRAZY...dogs loved it and since we are firing the oven for their 10th birthday I thought I would post some pics...will post some pics of the dinner fare later on as well...
    Best
    Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Re: SNOW!!!...in Mississippi

Dutch,

Funny you should mention snow on this day of all days. Snowed through the night here, snowed in the morning, a gap, and more snow on the way now. This particular storm, the worst of the season, comes to us all the way from Texas. Geez, thanks Lone Star guys. We'll get more than a foot before it ends. Needless to say, there won't be any baking going on out there today--AND somebody pinched my snow shovel.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Wow! Two good storms - or one big one.

Jim, you sure that your shovel isn't just buried in the snow?
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Sorry Jim I know how much you like snow this time of year...LOL George...It is mostly gone from here with the exception of a few tell tale areas...ironically enough I think it hit the both of us from the same storm system...the oven is good...we will be making only a few pizzas...but we are doing some salmon on red oak planks and roasted asparagus and snap peas...will post as many pics as I can get
        Best
        Dutch
        "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
        "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Same storm, still going strong here!

Dutch, they do look like great dogs and it is their birthday, but ... planked salmon???
          Seriously, that dinner sounds terrific - please do post photos.
          BTW, I love your bird! What kind is it?

Comment

Originally posted by sarah h View Post
            Same storm, still going strong here!

Dutch, they do look like great dogs and it is their birthday, but ... planked salmon???
            Seriously, that dinner sounds terrific - please do post photos.
            BTW, I love your bird! What kind is it?
            Birthday for 2 of our 5 dogs...planked salmon on red oak was great...roasted asparagus and snap peas was my favorite...he is an eclectus parrot and he has quite the personality...made pizza tonight also but it was gone before I could catch a decent photo...and the other was the best I could do for the fish and veggies...definitely worth a try for WFO owners
            Best
            Dutch

Comment

Good idea if the oven's hot. We do cedar planked salmon around these parts. Supposedly a Native American style. I'm not so sure about that, but it is yummy.
              GJBingham

-

Comment

One of our guests has an allergy or we would have done the cedar...it was yummy on the red oak
                Dutch

Comment

Hmmm. may be worth a try. Thanks for the idea.
                  GJBingham

-

Comment

Gang,

We're digging out of 12+ inches of snow in the cincy area. Just put my Dad on a bus trip to FL. to watch the Reds practice.

Temps are supposed to get to the upper 40's this week. Hoping to start on the hearth soon.

Dick
                    Thebadger

Comment

Working...
                    X