Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My snow "oven"

Hi all,
    This might be slightly OT, but I just wanted to share a photo of what me and the kids were doing this afternoon. I have decided to start this spring with building a mud oven, and wait a few years to build my brick oven. I have enough firebricks for the floor (but nowhere near enough for the dome), and can get free bricks for the stand, so now I'll just have to get some suitable clay, and I'm ready to go.
    Anyway, the last few weeks I have been thinking about design (not possible to do any actual building in winter here), so when we had a bit of snow and temperatures around +1C today, me and the kids went outside and built a model of the oven. It is a bit smaller than I plan the real thing to be (table was not wide enough), but it gave me an idea of how much space I want/need.

The exterior design I planned for was something like an antique helmet thing I've seen somewhere, but while building it started to look a bit like a dragon, so we changed it to that. In the pictures it looks more like a seal or something. It is hard to get good pictures of snow, it tends to look flat. It will be fun to see what the real one will want to look like
    I'm really looking forward to start building.
    Hope you like the pictures, and that it is not too OT.

/Mari

Re: My snow "oven"

I think a dragon shaped oven would be great, with a neck flue, and the oven door between the legs:

My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

A dragon oven would be very very cool!

I've been wondering if I could do something like that, but don't really think I've got the know-how or skill....
      "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Mari
        very neat...have to get the kids involved with the "real " oven construction...

Dmun
        I have to say thanks for the link...without knowing I wanted the link...was wondering where I could find suitable chimeny pot options for capping our restaurant oven chimney...now I know
        Dutch
        "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
        "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Working...
        X