36 inch FB Pompeii with tile dome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36 inch FB Pompeii with tile dome

Enclosed is a photo of my Pompeii 36 inch converted to gas. This is my third dome that I put on the oven. The first dome was 30 inches high, which didn't produce enough top heat. The 2nd dome, I made a mistake and heated it too quick. The dome cracked and was not insulated good enough. This dome has 3 inches of ceramic blanket, 2 inches verm, chicken wire, etc.
    I also installed a Drago P1 propane burner.
    I've had it to 830 degrees about 10 times with no cracks so far and the outside dome temp is around 85 degrees.
    Love the way it cooks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mexman; 09-16-2015, 04:51 PM.
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...ld-mexico.html

That is a beautiful oven, Mexman. The mosaic is excellent! I'm sure that "the third time is a charm" for you. How are the pizza nights coming?
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks, Joe for remembering my pizza party comments from six Months ago. They are working out great right now. I changed my Pizza Party's from 22-28 guest every Month to 6 guest every week. I found I was working to hard and not enjoying my guest. My old party procedure was to start cleaning my oven around 10 am in the morning, getting the wood ready, start the fire, start cutting the toppings, etc. I would start putting pizzas in the oven around 6 pm and usually cook until 8 pm. Have a few drinks, talk to a few guests and start cleaning up the house until about 11 pm. I would then fall into bed, beat. My new party procedure is...... If my guest are arriving at 5 pm and I plan to start pizzas at 6 pm. I take my dough balls out at 4 pm and start my oven fire about the same time. Since my latest oven was converted to Propane, all I have to do is push the starter button and adjust the flame to about med height. I then cut up a few toppings, grate my cheese and help my wife put a few appetizers on the table. When my guest arrive, I have time to have a few beers , wine, etc with them. Chit- chat about their life, etc for an hour. At 6 pm , I start making pizzas and in about 15-20 min, I have 3 pizzas on the table Since my wife and I are vegetarians , I fix two pizzas with meat topping and a margarita or Pesto. I reworked my patio table. It was a round 6 ft glass table. I added a 18 in lazy Susan and a 36 in glass top. I now can put 3 pizzas in the center of the table . This keeps my guest occupied for 30 min or so and we can talk about what other pizzas they like. I then make 2-3 more Pizzas. Good thing is, I get to set at the table with them and enjoy their Company. I bought 2 stainless steel 4 ft tables from Costo and installed them on my back patio and use them as my prep area. When my guest leave, my wife and I throw left over toppings in a bowl for veggy soup the next day and put the dishes in our dishwasher. Since the prep area is on my patio, I then pull out the garden hose and wash every thing dotwn. Our house is cleaned up in a fifth of the time. This may not work for everyone, but we actually look forward to our weekly parties. As most of you have experienced , almost everyone loves a great Pizza and our friend are always asking. When can we come again.

Comment

It sounds like you have finally got the perfect oven. If anyone deserves one, it is you. Yes, I remember your pizza parties and I appreciate reading how you have streamlined them down to where it is as enjoyable and relaxing for you as it is for your guests. That is a lesson for all of us .
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Very impressive mosaic tile work.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Few more photo's of my Pizza Party setup. One photo is of our glass 6 ft table with the 3 ft lazy Susan with the 4 pizza plates in the center. As you can see in the photo, my oven is only about 15 ft away. I can quickly move a pizza from the oven to the table with my guest.
            The other photo is of the topping trays. I tried to get one made out of stainless steel but could fine no one in this area of Mexico with a metal bender or shear. They also would have order in the SS. I found a rain gutter man who made me this one out of galvanise. It's kind of crude, but was cheap. I fill it up half way with water then add ice.
            The tray is setting on the SS tables I talked about in above post. When party's over, I wash everything down with garden hose.

Comment

That table spread and the view behind it is very nice. When you mentioned in your earlier post about ss tables from Costco. I did a double take. I then saw where ya'll have them in Mexico. I've seen a lot of deals from Costco on a BBQ forum that I have been jealous of. They have just opened one up in Mobile, Alabama. I will have to check it out, very soon .

Comment

I bought these two tables from Costco for about $ 80 each. Work out great.

Comment

Beautiful oven and love the pizza night routine story.

Comment

Mexman, I'll jump back to this post so as not to further hijack Rocket's post. I see your flame in second picture of post #1 above, but can't tell if the burner is built in, sitting on floor or even sitting on a brick. I have natural gas piped into my patio and was thinking of trying place a burner in the oven for heating then removing for baking. Was wondering what your setup was.
                    Last edited by JRPizza; 12-11-2015, 12:11 AM.
                    My build thread
                    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Working...
                    X