Very cool Modena installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very cool Modena installation

Check this Modena installation out. Excellent tile work. The restaurant is Spasso in Minneapolis.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Very cool Modena installation

Beautiful mosaic work! I'm impressed!
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Oooh, nice!!!
      "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Sweet!
        I know from experience what went into that oven. They spent a tidy sum on labor charges.
        Beautiful work.

RT

Comment

Beautiful....looks like it would be very comfortable in Barcelona!
          sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Guess If I stick with the igloo look on the next one I have something to shoot for. I was pretty proud of my mosaic work until I saw this oven.

RT

Comment

Originally posted by RTflorida View Post
              I was pretty proud of my mosaic work until I saw this oven.

RT
              ....that's the problem with the FB forum isn't it. There's lots of ideas and innovations....and so much to compare to.....

In boating it's called 2 foot fever.....

Comment

...Yeah, and then someone says something nice about your oven, and all you can say is: "Well you should see the ones on the forum!"
                "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Originally posted by Xabia Jim View Post
                  ....and so much to compare to.....

In boating it's called 2 foot fever.....
                  We know a rich guy, who owns a gazillion dollar sailboat, which he used to sail the Mediterranean a few summers ago. The first thing he said when he got back was that the other boards in the harbors were bigger, and he was ordering a bigger boat. A sad, but true, story.

I think oven envy is much more benign. :-)

James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post

I think oven envy is much more benign. :-)

James
                    I think this is primarily because members realize that this hobby/obssesion is developing at a rate unheard of a decade ago. I know it has been said a million times before but it is all down to James, whose primary business is to sell ovens, who has created a forum that, I believe, will become the definitive source of information for self-build. I am certain a lot of other oven owners would love to incorporate some of the developements if they had to do it again.

My own oven has been built in the manner and with materials that has been used since time immemorial. As meyvelitepe, our other Turkish member, said "built by seniors" The mortar of my dome came in a flour bag from the mountains and I have salt under my firebrick hearth. He is building a Pompeii and believes that is the way forward in Anatolia. Progress!

Am I happy with it..............of course. It performs superbly. Would I change anything.........undoubtedly. I have yet to explore the reaches of 'plasma fire' and baking is a mystery that I have yet to embrace. We built before finding Forno Bravo and see everything in a different light now. The last 2000 years of WFO for me has been compressed into 6 months and I know the next one will be better.

And RTf..............without wishing to sound patronising.............the mosaic on your oven is superb...........truly

Comment

Originally posted by Inishta View Post
                      Am I happy with it..............of course. It performs superbly. Would I change anything.........undoubtedly. We built before finding Forno Bravo and see everything in a different light now. The last 2000 years of WFO has been compressed and I know the next one will be better.

ditto

and thanks James

Comment

There is no bad oven per say. I believe it's a labor of love. Everyone jumps in with a different skill level; and learns as they go along. The oven becomes an extension of themselves. Some like the igloo. Some like an enclosure. Some like stone; ect. Each and every one is beautiful. And i'm sure that if the same person cooked a pizza in ten different ovens; they'd all be good.

Comment

Working...
                        X