No announcement yet.

600mm Castable Build in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies Jumbalaya, I haven't been active on the forums for some time and didn't realise you had posted. I am happy with the internal size of my oven. I can only fit one pizza in the oven but considering the speed that they cook, that is a good thing. When I first started using it and was heating it up slowly there was only just enough room to fit the pizza in with all of the wood and I was burning the side of the pizza that the wood was burning on. Once I improved my fire building skills I have been able to get the oven up to temperature faster while using less wood. I now have more space between the pizza and the fire, meaning that the side doesn't burn quite so easily, although you do have to pay attention.

Comment

Also, here is a photo of the completed oven which I just put the final coloured layer of render on over the weekend. I've also included a few shots of some pizzas for reference as well.

Comment

That's a good looking oven!

Comment

You can try making one of these. For a small oven it prevents a burnt edge and gives you more room for cooking because the fire is contained against the wall. I don't always use it, but you need to get your oven up to temp first then place it, half fill with hot coals and place wood on top of the coals. I usually preheat a couple of bits of wood in the entry so when you place them they ignite straight away. You must use stainless, mine is 0.55 mm x 100mm x 100mm. Normal sheet steel won't last too long. Don't use galv or it will burn off and the fumes are toxic.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Ok cool thanks, I might just make one of those!

Comment

Thanks for the update. Have yet to begin my build but soon!

Comment

Working...
              X