X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danjmath
    replied
    A few notes about what I've done so far:
    First of all, I consider this my "Starter" pizza over. We plan on being in this house for 5-6 years, and once we buy the next house, I plan on building a better quality 42" oven. Not that I plan on making this one bad on purpose, but it is a learning experience.
    For my base, I over-worked the cement, because I had the world's cheapest float. The edges are a little crumbly, but its *almost* level, and seems structurally sound.
    My bricks are super-duty bricks from the old Geneva Steel Mill near me. I have 100 large, and 100 small bricks, all tapered. I found these at a little less than half the price of new firebricks, but I am not sure how I am going to use them. I will try the smaller bricks for the cooking floor, and possibly the inner arch. Still working this out.

Leave a comment:

• danjmath
    started a topic 36" Beginner WFO

36" Beginner WFO

Thought its about time I started my build post.
    First of all, I just want to say I have next to 0 experience building anything (except software). I just bought my first house, and now that I own it, I find I actually have a desire to improve, and have started learning to do some things with my hands.
    I've always loved cooking, and absolutely love neapolitan pizza, so a WFO seemed the natural step to me.
    Honestly, I will be happy with something that ends up cooks a mean pizza and doesn't fall in on me, even if it looks bad.

Also, please don't look at my lawn, this house has been a rental for the last 3 years, and renters cared for it even less than I cared for mine
    My google album:
    14 new photos · Album by Daniel Matheson
Working...
X