oven build with pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oven build with pictures

Here is a oven build I found with some interesting ideas. It's a bread oven but some of the ideas are usable. I like the use of arches rather than a four sided foundation.

Monterey Masonry: Bake Oven Journal

Bruce
    Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Re: oven build with pictures

Ooops, It IS a round oven. I looked at the wood storage arch. It looks like a low angle pizza oven.

Bruce

Comment

It was a really nice build...I looked at it some time ago...I think the oven is more of an oval shape than truly round
      Dutch
      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Wierd. Looks like a barrel vault oven for quite awhile, then suddenly looks round. Nice job, but why not use fire bricks? Certainly a lot of effort went into the build. Seems funny that they used what are apparently standard bricks. ( I didn't read the captions, so I could be wrong)
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Yup, I looked again. It is oval and they are using firebricks. ( George, ya have to read to captions, not just look at the pictures ). However, the base is vermiculite concrete first and then concrete ! Now it sounds more like a high mass oven.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
          X