Space in my Backyard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space in my Backyard.

i brought a small barby with a pizza oven on it to see if i would use it enough to justify building a wfo.
    Well bugger me if i dont use it at least three times a week. so i had the talk with shmbo and came to an agreement of how much i could spend.
    My budget is not endless but it has allowed for me to get the bricks for a 1200mm dia oven.
    So i have a space in my yard that needs filling.

Re: Space in my Backyard.

Like the heading said i have the room here are a few pics of where the wfo will be going.

Comment

Friday 04/04/08
      Dug foooting for base foundation / Slab it has been awhile since i have done any digging like this.
      As you can see i have used mesh. the formwork is just 90x35 framing pine.

Mark
      Last edited by Hagrid; 04-17-2008, 12:24 PM.

Comment

because of budget i mixed the concrete myself. it is at times like this i could do with a hand. alase ringing up a friend and saying hay mate want to mix some concrete i find they all have other bookings.
        In reality it did not take that long about and hour and half for 1.2 cm3.

Comment

Bring the clothes in before you start cutting the bricks!

Comment

Hey Hagrid, Great pics, keep them coming. I love to see a big patch of squash (pumpkin?) like that. It does really help if you can get a friend to pitch in. My neighbor seriously pulled me out of the ditch on hearth slab day...

Good luck!

Drake
            My Oven Thread:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Got that on covered thanks jengineer.

Sat 12/04/07
              Built bessa block wall put in cut up mesh and core filled.
              i made this shape as i did not want to beable to have to large an area under the oven. we get a lot of spiders here and it would just add to them if they had a big dark area to live.
              i have been thinking that while i am mixing all this concrete i might as well make a few more garden beds to help make us more self reliant.

Comment

Sun 13/04/08
                One of my hurdles was how was i going to form up for the harth slab.
                i ended up using 17mm ply cut into 400mm strips. i cut into 400mm strips as that is also going to be the form work for my garden beds.
                i nailed 4mm x 100mm nails half way through the ply and let the pointy end rest on the blocks and bracing rest on the nail head side. this then alowed me to bolt the bracing and still be free standing.
                well bugger me. it has not rained here for months and as i finish mixing the concrete.
                Lucky i had a tarp.
                mark

Comment

14/04/04 - 17/04/04
                  While i wait for the slab to cure i am going to start on the garden beds.
                  in some of the photos you can see some of my earlier garden beds. with them i made out of 200 x 75 hard wood housed in c channel frame.
                  the problem with these beds are they are too wide so the new ones i will make narrower.
                  i am going to pour the footpaths first.
                  each of the three paths will be about 6500mm x 700mm giving me 3 garden beds 6500mm x 1400mm plus a tiny one in the corner.

Mark

Comment

The 5 most expensive words in remodeling...."while you are at it"

Drake
                    My Oven Thread:
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

But the most satisfying words after a construction are "I am so glad we went ahead and did......." Putting in a WFO is not inexpensive, but the only cost for continued enjoyment is a little wood and lots of great ingredients for tasty food.

Comment

Drake, I usually hear....."I was thinking......"

Comment

!8/04/08
                          Today was a big day. i got my first garden bed concreted today and i am shagged.
                          i will post photos tommorrow as it was dark by the time i finished.
                          Very big news is all the brick arrived for the oven.
                          i needed to put in a big day as i am doing a refresher course in cheese making for the weekend.

Mark

Comment

here are some photos of the form work before i mixed the concrete.
                            the walls are 150mm thick 500mm deep and about 20000mm long.
                            it is one way of keeping entertained

Mark

Comment

You have a strong back Hagrid. Makes mine hurt just looking at the forms!
                              GJBingham
                              -----------------------------------
                              Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
                              X