WFO build Tim Hortons Children Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WFO build Tim Hortons Children Camp

My apologies for a bad posting effort first round...lol thank you Gulf for your comment.

This is an WFO I built for Tim Hortons children's camp in Ontario. There is an overnight camp that is tucked away in the woods that each camper spends one night during their 10 day stay. There is no hydro so the oven will be the source for cooking dinner and breakfast for nearly 60 campers per stay (counsellors included)
    Needless to say, this build was heartwarming and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to experience a truly phenomenonal organization
    Last edited by bankermason13; 02-04-2017, 04:53 PM.

Great looking oven and a very intersesting back story. However there was not enough room for all the text to be attached to the pic. Can you retype it into a reply line for us to read? You may be able to add it as an edit to your origional post.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thank you Gulf, I hope that the edit appears ...cheers

Comment

It did, and actually, I found that the all of the text does show up on the pic while hovering the mouse over it. In the pic text you mentioned hand carving the organization's logo. That is some very nice work. Can you elaborate a little more on the carving?

That is a very nice looking oven. I am sure that it will be enjoyed by many groups of children and counselors for many years to come. They will always remember that experience. There's no telling how many will be taken by this way of cooking and the future WFOs that it will inspire.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Hello Gulf

My thoughts exactly on how many of those children will be inspired by WFO's and wholeheartedly the vision of the children's foundation I am so grateful to have been chosen to build it . The children I met were intrigued equally by the building process, the independence from hydro, and the cooking itself . Like I mentioned it was heartwarming
          As for the carving, it is the logo for the foundation I consider it a simple relief and it is done on a soft limestone. As I have been professionally carving architectural elements for over 10yrs now, I couldn't resist adding my personal touch. The clients chose the design..
          Thanks again for your comments, and if you or anyone ever wants a custom carved surround....send me a note cheers

Comment

Working...
          X