Finished Neapolitan Brick oven - Blue Mountains NSW Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Neapolitan Brick oven - Blue Mountains NSW Australia

Just finished my WFO! Well I have it to the point of using it but still may faff with it a bit. I have had a precast kit before at another house but didn't like the waterproofness and the attachment of the flue with cracking render around the flue (flue moved in the wind and the heat of the flue cracked render).
    I have used fire bricks for the dome and floor and insulating fire bricks for the floor.
    The dome is low at the standard ratio to the door opening.
    It's cured but I haven't cooked pizza yet.
    I will load up flue detail in a separate post.
    Many thanks for all the insights and information from this forum.
    Any questions or comments please fire away.

Thanks for posting. I really like the lower neopolitan style and if i ever do this again that is the style i would try. How much insulation did you end up using on the dome? Also, i cant tell from the pics, but how is your first chain of the dome sitting on the walls? I really like the look of your final product and the use of the galvanized. I see you buttressed with a strap and blue top screws. Lots of heat there and it looks like you can inspect those after some use to see if they hold. Go slowwww on the curing. have you already cured or just starting? normally you cure without the insulation on.
    Texman Kitchen
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Working...
    X