Roast Turkey Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roast Turkey Photos

Some photos to go with my High Heat Wood Fired Roast Turkey recipe.
    Last edited by aikitarik; 12-02-2005, 12:11 PM.
    --
    Tarik

Looks tasty Tarik! How long did it cook?
    ~David

Comment

18 pound bird.. took about 3 hours.
      --
      Tarik

Comment

Gosh, I fried my 18 pounder and it only took an hour... I'm curious, any trouble keeping it moist? Did you brine it before cooking? I'm looking forward to having my oven available to do some roasting too. Soon, very soon...
        ~David

Comment

Originally posted by DavidK
          Gosh, I fried my 18 pounder and it only took an hour... I'm curious, any trouble keeping it moist? Did you brine it before cooking? I'm looking forward to having my oven available to do some roasting too. Soon, very soon...

David, try reading the recipe linked in the first post with the pics. I think you'll find most of your questions answered there.
          --
          Tarik

Comment

I tried but it's a dead link. No worries, just curious...
            ~David

Comment

Originally posted by DavidK
              I tried but it's a dead link. No worries, just curious...
              Give it another shot. I tried fixing it.. looks like it was missing the http:... which isn't an issue for modern browsers (card carrying member of the IE sucks crowd)
              --
              Tarik

Comment

Re: Roast Turkey Photos

Greetings from Oz,

Love all this, have done a heap of chickens in the wood fired, mostly beer can style, but this time I am going to give the turkey a go in there on Xmas day, not sure if I will try a beer can turkey, it probably will be too high for my oven, but either way its going in.

Regards, Phil

Comment

Brine turkey in water, salt, sugar, and rosemary branches. Separate the leg/thigh from turkey. Cut the breast off from the back with shears. Cut the back into 3-4 pieces and put in steel pan with giblets, onion, and carrots, and garlic. Brown the back and veggies severly, turning once at about 600 degrees. Throw contents of whole pan into stockpot. Meanwhile, salt and pepper the turkey breast and leg/thighs and tent with foil.....roast until breast reaches 140 in a 500 degree oven...remove foil and bring breast up to 160 degrees...let rest 20 minutes and carve and eat....Make a massive amount of dark gravy from the stock.....Pour gravy over bread you made in the same oven. Eat until you burst.
                  Last edited by sacwoodpusher; 12-24-2010, 03:03 AM. Reason: spelling and grammer

Comment

Tarik,

That looks great. The link works and the instructions you have are excellent. Thanks! I look forward to making my 20 pounder in the oven in the next few weeks as well.
                    Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Working...
                    X