Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nikki's 42" in Phoenix, where it's hot as a...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jed
    replied
    Re: Nikki's 42" in Phoenix, where it's hot as a...

Nikki,

Looks like a great project!

What oven are you planning to install? Big - small , High roof - low roof? Igloo, or a structure to surround the oven?

Have you decided on finish materials, what will it look like?

From the foundation slab, it looks like the oven is the center bit on an outdoor kitchen space, what else are you including in the kitchen?

JED

Leave a comment:

• Modthyrth
    started a topic Nikki's 42" in Phoenix, where it's hot as a...

Nikki's 42" in Phoenix, where it's hot as a...

It begins!! We had the foundation for the oven and outdoor kitchen area poured today.

I'm a handy gal, but the foundation pour was the only thing that intimidated me while reading through the project plans. It was only 110 degrees--a mild day for the middle of summer in Phoenix. But I know that concrete is tricky in high, dry heat, and I wanted the skills of a local pro. I still managed to do it cheaply by trading the foundation for some vacation time at our cabin in the mountains. I also hung out, watched, asked questions, and feel confident that I can pour the hearth myself in a few weeks.

Husband moving the sprinkler head to make way for the concrete. You can see our last project, a play house for my 4 year old daughter, in the background. It's not entirely done--still need to do the decorative painting on the shutters, finish the balcony, and attach the gingerbread. I seem to have a compulsive need to start a new project just before I finish the last.

Let the fun begin!
Working...
X