“Portable” 20” Cast Dome Oven Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Portable” 20” Cast Dome Oven Photos

Hi All! First time posting. Just finished this little WFO… Thank you all for the great ideas and for having such an awesome forum! I’ll add more about the build, etc., but just wanted to post a few pics for now. Cheers

Great job & looks like it will be fun at parties! We'll all be interested in how it's going to work for you...especially time to get to temp and how often you need to recharge the floor when doing a series of pies. Looking forward to more pics and notes on this dandy little WFO's build.
    ​​​​
    Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
    Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
    Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
    Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's a tight build. Did you have room for insulation? Make sure you expel all the free water slowly. Read the whole oven curing thread before lighting any fires.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, David. Yes, I had room for 1” of ceramic blanket and 1.5” of perlicrete over the homebrew cast and under the final render of brick splits/mortar. It’s been a 2-3 month process and I’ve lit several small fires and witnessed the steam coming from the perlicrete. I let it dry/cure another 30 days or so before adding the final render. Lit a couple fires in it since completed and seems to be doing well. Holding 700F temps well and will be using it later this week. Will update on performance after. Thanks again!
        Attached Files

Comment

Excellent. You are going to have so much fun with that oven. Try roasting a chicken in it. You won’t be disappointed.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
          X