X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable (someday) Oregon Oven

A test upload of my oven frame.

Re: Portable (someday) Oregon Oven

Looks good! With that much support you should be able to do away with the concrete slab (and all it's weight).

Will it have removable legs or will it sit on a trailer or stand?

Wiley

Comment

Thanks.

I poured a 4/1 perlite slab that "floats" inside the frame.

It will eventually be mounted on a dual axle trailer with a second set of springs between the trailer and oven frame.

This is sooo much fun

Comment

Any more progress pics? I want to build a mobile too so anything you can help me with will be appreciated.

Comment

I would seriously consider fitting the trailer with shocks. I haven't yet and drive super carefully over any rough roads and speed bumps.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

A couple of weeks out of town for airshows and a gross underestimation of the scope of the project has slowed things tremendously.

I have made progress with the dome and arch, and will post some pictures this week.

For the trailer I have decided on building a double axle rig with a secondary suspension/isolation for the oven frame.

Comment

This is what I have so far.

Comment

Wow looks great! This thread is important to those who wish to build a portable oven, please document this well, alot of people will be very happy.

Comment

It really is looking great! Very nice work Please keep the photos coming.

Travis
                  TravisNTexas

Comment

secondary suspension & isolation.....

warms the heart, keep that info coming.

Comment

Would you provide the dimensions of the metal fram that you built? That's exactly what I'm looking for. Looks great.

Comment

Hi,

I have been studing the plans. looking at the picture with the bent yard stick. How do you figure the pitch of each corse after the first corse is up? Not sure if there is a formular?

Thanks,
                        Mark

Comment

Hello everyone, no excuses for not replying except busy doing everything but work on my oven.

I did score a dual axle boat trailer with enough extra steel that I will be able to chop it into a small gooseneck unit. All I need now is for ambition guy to camp out in my shed for a while.

ndnman: the steel frame overall dimensions are 56" square by 9" deep. The main rails are 1.5" x 3", and the
                          'floor" joists are 1.5" x 1.5".

RI.BackyardOven: There is a piece of the puzzle not shown in the photos. The aluminum yardstick is only used to align the side cuts toward the center of the oven. I have a hardboard template that I wedge into the dome curvature centered on the stud. Then I place a brick and angle it to conform as much as possible with the form. From there I measure how much of a wedge to cut off of the lower horizontal surface. From there on it's Murphy and my trusty HF saw.

Progress is slow but I started working on it again last week.

I have some new photos but for some reason I cannot get the 12.8k jpegs to load.

Comment

Working...
                          X