Primavera Oven photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primavera Oven photo

Here is the first photo of the prototype for the Primavera Oven (on a cold, foggy evening). You can see it isn't quite finished around the landing, but I wanted to share it.

It cooks great, and I think it's cute. More to come on the oven, but at least everyone can see what it looks like. We are painting it a Tuscan giallo (yellow) with a brown glaze later this week.

It has a 24" cooking floor.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Primavera Oven photo

James
    You're right ..its cute. You must be making an oven for people who are afraid of ovens. It reminds me of those "toy" dogs women carry in their purses. Looks like a dog...but...

Just yanking your chain. How much does it mass ? Are you considering adding wheels so you can roll it into your garage beside the BBQ during the winter ??
    Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Comment

Ahhhh. It's a real oven. :-) That little guy was steaming along at 800?F+ last night. Hah, the little oven that could.

It weights about 350lbs, and three guys could set it on the stand. I'm a little nervous about wheels -- both because it's top heavy and because the weight of a stand that can take the oven with be pretty heavy.

Maybe we could offer a more stout stand as an option.

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Quanta costa?

Comment

Around, but less than, $2,000. We are shooting for a wide audience.
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

If you had splayed legs you could do wheels. Having a "wide stance" would give it stability even though most of the weight's on top. More room for wood too.
            My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

We'll take a look at that. Thanks.
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Is the primavera structurally different when compared to the Pompeii?
                What is the thickness of the hearth slab?

Comment

I've been thinking about this quite a bit, and for now, I think we are going to have to hold back some of the specifics of the Primavera design. I'm thinking of it as a competitive advantage.

Here are things I am happy saying:

It is structurally the same as a Pompeii Oven (or a FB Casa oven), in that it is a pre-cast dome. It's made of very serious refractory material, without a hint of Portland cement, sand or gravel -- pure refractory binders and aggregates rated to about 2000?F. It doesn't even have recycled firebricks as the aggregate. Instead the aggregate composition and size is all controlled.

It's round and it has a vent and landing area in front. It has a vent and chimney.

The floor is fired and compressed firebrick slabs, with only a few seams.

The dome wraps around the cooking floor (which is good), the way the FB Casa or Artigiano are designed.

The dome insulation is FB Blanket and the floor insulation is FB Board. Long after the dome has reached 900?F, the Igloo exterior is about 100?F -- barely warm. These insulators really work. :-)

The exterior is waterproofed and painted.

We've finalized the paint design and I'm working on a new photo. Pretty cool. I hope this is helpful.

James
                  Last edited by james; 08-26-2008, 06:50 PM.
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Here is a better, though not quite final, photo of the FB Primavera. We've finished the paint and glaze, and now I am waiting for my inner photographer to come through.

The oven is cooking and looking great.

James
                    Pizza Ovens
                    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I think that you are really on to something here James!

Great looking oven and if you can hit the price point under $2000. Lowes.. HD?

Who know!

IMHO of course....

Dave
                      My thread:
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
                      My costs:
                      http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
                      My pics:
                      http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Thanks Dave,

Today the FB Forum, tomorrow the world! :-) We have some distribution plans for this guy, and we will keep you up to date.

Dmun, we took your advice on the next to prototype stands, and they are very stable. Next step we will be testing wheels. Either our oven is a little heavier than the competition, or their oven wobbles. :-)

James
                        Pizza Ovens
                        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I love the stand, it looks great!

I keep seeing "Pizza ovens" at various DIY stores for about that price, but they are pitifull, no where near as nice as this one.
                          "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

I think you should paint it green so it looks like a partner to the egg grills. Maybe we can get Francis to make the Vegas edition and cover it with jewels and other sparkly stuff!!!

I can't imagine wheels. Industrial casters maybe? -

I have some roller stands for my wood working equipment that look like this:

Mine differs in that it has two fixed wheels at the back, two casters at the front. There is a foot activated lever to lift the casters so the base contacts the floor.

One of my saws is super heavy and it rolls around like a champ.

Christo
                            My oven progress -
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                            sigpic

Comment

Here is a fun photo of the Primavera production units being delivered in NorCal. We are using a terracotta chimney that is a little bigger, gets hotter and draws better, and we have extended the landing and vent area to 6". I think it's looking good.

We have added a little more support on the stand for stability, but it still looks nice, light and decorative. I will post that next.

James
                              Last edited by james; 09-25-2008, 03:30 PM.
                              Pizza Ovens
                              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                              X